By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Lathe copying jig wanted....

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mark Richards29/11/2007 18:32:00
6 forum posts

I will be starting my kitchen now in the new year, and due to the ammount of turned pillars required I am hoping to purchase a lathe copying jig. It is the kind that "Norm" form New Yankee Workshop uses.

If any readers can help, please contact me.

Many thanks

Mark

Delete12/12/2007 23:45:00
575 forum posts

Mark

I got a Lathe duplicator from the USA a Company Called Rockler's can supply one. They supply a lot of things to Norm. It is quite a weight and would cost a lot to get it sjipped. However combining a Holliday and collect one might work for you. It did for me a few years ago I went to Texas to visit My Daughter. First stop was the Rockler Shop in Huston to collect the duplicator which had been booked in advance. A great bit of Kit

JohnMcM13/12/2007 16:17:00
134 forum posts
38 photos

I think the big B&Q warehouses sell a copy lathe for about £150

Cheers

John 

Mark Richards13/12/2007 20:53:00
6 forum posts

Roger,

many thanks for your reply. Could you enlighten me on your experiences with this jig that you bought? Perhaps you could send a photo on the jig itself? I would want to see if it resembles the ones that John says are on sale at B&Q. I heard they are doing them, but sadly not down here in the Sth West. I have also looked at their super store at Cardiff, but no joy.

Mark

Delete17/12/2007 18:17:00
575 forum posts

Mark

If you visit the Rockler.com web site and search on Lathe Duplicator you will find a picture. There are also some Reviews.

You will find that any duplicator will need some setup. The cutters will need to be tuned as well. The Rockler cutters art a Bullnose cutter and this is not ideal for all jobs.

You say you are in the south west. Where?

I am also in the south west South Devon to be precise.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Craft Supplies
Robert Sorby
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Marriott & Co
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact