By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Magazines

Which one should I read

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Gordon Watt26/10/2007 17:00:00
5 forum posts
14 photos

I am a bit confused with the current situation on magazines. When I signed up to this site I was asked what magazines I read.

Well I used to have a subscription to Practical Woodworking, but they wrote to me and said that it was not being issued anymore and changed my subscription to The Woodworker. I now see that Practical Woodworking is featured on this site.

I was also asked if I read Traditional Woodworking. Now I know this has ceased, so it should not be featured. It has been taken over by Nick Gibbs and is now called British Woodworking. I recommend it to anyone. It is a fantastic magazine.

What other magazines do people read? That's woodworking magazines. I am not interested in your private pursuits.

Gordon

Clare Hiscock26/10/2007 17:13:00
69 forum posts
10 photos
Hi Gordon, Practical Woodworking is still avaliable as a quarterly Bookazine, with a brighter , fresher design, extra pages and even more projects and tips. It now has a 3 month shelf life. Each new quarterly edition will have Themed section. However, there will be plenty of mainstream woodworking news,tips, general projects and techniques. We are also now printing on non-reflective paper that is much easier to read under workshop lighting and will give readers a chance to make on ther page. Next Issue on sale 23rd Nov I hope that this is of some help Clare
Big Al26/10/2007 18:58:00
1602 forum posts
73 photos
I read furniture and cabinet making, which I subscribe to. Other than that I occasionally buy good woodworking and wood carving.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Craft Supplies
Robert Sorby
D&M Tools
Tormek
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact