By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Multico Multitool

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Steve Lewis09/09/2007 22:40:00
5 forum posts

I believe this machine is a five function unit comprising of circular saw, lathe, disc sander, band saw and somethinf else?.

If anyone has got, or has used one of these machines, could you please let me have any feed back regarding performance, ease of set up, short comings, etc. Does anybody know if thwere was a test report done on this unit, if so what magazine? . Any help greatly appreciated.

Andy King10/09/2007 10:12:00
170 forum posts
8 photos
19 articles
Hi Steve, although I haven't seen the Multico, your description of its functions make it sound very similar to the Shopsmith sold in the UK by Craft Supplies. This has the same functions you mention, plus a jointer function. It's based plrimarily around a lathe type unit, so headstock, tailstock and bed bars, the headstock provinding the power for the jointer sander and saw units. It's a clever pice of equipment, although it can be a bit frustrating swapping between functions each time. I reviewed the Shopsmith way back in issue 96, and I also did a course at Craft Supplies to get to grips with it properly. It's certainly an option if you have limited space, plus its portable, so good if you need multifunctionality away from the workshop, but like most multifunction tools, limited in some aspects. If you need a copy of my test, you should be able to get them by calling the number on the 'Magicalia' link at the bottom of the page. Andy
Steve Lewis10/09/2007 17:24:00
5 forum posts

Thanks Andy, have now  looked at the Shopsmith website and the Shopsmith is a very similar unit. Will trawl through my back copies to find issue 96 (knew there'd be a reason to keep them in order. When I read a back copy it never seems to find its way back to the correct place .

Steve

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Tormek
Tool Post
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact