By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Instructions

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Dave Joseph24/10/2007 17:03:00
1 forum posts
As far as poor instructions are concerned, there is a moral dilema if not a legal one. A ticking off from Axminster wouldn't go amiss either.  Have dealt with Axminster for many years now and always found them to be most helpful so it annoys when someone clearly takes advantage.  Is there another angle to this?  Selling something without adequate instructions puts the user at risk of an accident, and accidents with this sort of machinery can have dire consequences.  Would HSE have a view on this?
Delete17/12/2007 19:20:00
575 forum posts

I think you will find on the legal question re instructions. Ask the question " Can the machine be used safely without instructions or the poor ones supplied. If the answer is no then they could be breaking some regulations. Is the machine CE marked?

Phone Ian Styles at Axminster and ask him what he thinks. It would be interesting to hear his response. Also a call to trading Standards might be interesting.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do

Rob Johnson31/01/2008 20:32:00
378 forum posts
19 photos
I don't think the Lyndhurst people will get much trade from readers of this forum with their attitude. My home workshop looks like an Axminster showroom,I wonder why?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Robert Sorby
Marriott & Co
Craft Supplies
Tormek
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact