By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Wood Routing

General advice

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ian Brown08/09/2007 23:15:00
3 forum posts

Hello All

I am a new member to this site and wish to open my account by asking for some product information / advice.

I have recently purchased a T-Tech TT/R127 2050W Router, this machine bears the Trend logo but i believe that it is made for the B&Q range of products, can anyone tell me how these machines fair / compare with the Trend products, do trend accessory products fit and generally any tips as i am new to the routing scene.

Andy King10/09/2007 10:22:00
170 forum posts
8 photos
19 articles
Hi Ian, If I recall correctly, the T-Tech router is badged by Trend but exclusive to the B&Q stores, so doesn't appear on Trend's website. I think there is also a similar range of accessories or cutters along the same lines. I would say that while the 'Pro' Trend routers (T5, T9, T10, T11) are European manufactured, the T-Tech look to be very similar to the B&Q Performance Pro range, so probably coming out of China. It doesn't necessarily make it a bad tool, but it may have limitations in overall build quality and durability, and if its anything like other 'badged' Chinese products, it can be a bit pot luck as to the actual performance as the quality control is nowhere near as stringent as the name brand tool manufacturers such as DeWalt, Makita etc, and also Trend's own high end stuff. It may be that trend have more input in the factory supplying the T-Tech though, so spares, aftersales service and even quality control may be better than the usual 'box shifting' type powertools from China that all look the same, but for colour and a few cosmetic changes on adjusters. Andy
Ian Brown11/09/2007 19:19:00
3 forum posts
AndyThanks for the info, you triggered the old grey cells forcing me to trawl through my collection of "Good woodworking" mags, (not all bad then) I found a very similar model that was reviewed ( Issue 126 - Autum 2002), It  does not seem to bad a purchase for the price, it will certanly do the job for me to start with.Thanks for your help. 
Andy King11/09/2007 19:46:00
170 forum posts
8 photos
19 articles
Well Ian, not wanting to pre-empt anything (or drop Ben in it!) but I think we are hoping to put a searchable index up on the forum at some stage. I know at Good Woodworking we've use one extensively, and updated it in the magazine and offered an electronic (emailed) version for a while, but it hasn't been updated for a fair old while now. Hopefully it will be soon, if only for my own records! Mine stops at issue 177, but if you or any other forum members or readers have an enquiry regarding tests, features etc that have appeared in Good Woodworking, let me know, either on andy.king3@btconnect.com or leave a message here and i'll check my index and get back to you. It'll certainly save you trawling through back issues! Hopefully we will have a fully up to date searchable facility in the near future, but Ben has enough on his plate tweaking this site at the moment I would imagine, so please be gentle with him! (and me!!) cheers, Andy
Woodworker11/09/2007 21:13:00
1745 forum posts
1 photos
74 articles
Ah, yes, thanks for reminding me Andy! We did talk about this a while back but it's got pushed back on the list of things to do. I'll get back on the case and see what we can line up for site. Cheers, Ben
Bottlewasher12/09/2007 11:19:00
11 forum posts
Then, quick as a flash, Bottlewasher leapt into the forum: Index? We have an up-to-date searchable index of Good Woodworking from issue 1 to 192 all prepared, and it's being updated even as I tripe by a splendid chap called Martin Shaw. It'll be available through the site shortly, and in the meantime if Ian wants to send on his email details via dave.roberts@magicalia.com I'll send him a copy. Hope that all helps.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
Tool Post
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact