By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

record bandsaw

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Harry John Redcliffe19/01/2021 22:39:58
5 forum posts
1 photos

Hi,I am new here can anybody help I own a record RPBS 12" bandsaw I had an accident and damaged the table trunnion. Asked record company about it They say the pat is no longer made for that machine does any one know where I could get one?

Mike Jordan01/04/2021 10:23:29
166 forum posts
17 photos

Many years back I purchased a BS500 with a five year guarantee. The cast table was aupported on a miserable litte pressed steel quadrant which had teeth which stripped very soon. The guarantee was great, they sent a cast alloy replacement which is OK to this day. Perhaps there is an updated version for the machine you have.

If I'd looked carefully before buying I would have rejected the machine as Chinese rubbish, but as I say they followed through on th five year promise and sent parts out instantly.

Wilf.T04/04/2021 00:46:59
29 forum posts
2 photos

You could try 'Charnwood' their machines are pretty similar.

Harry John Redcliffe06/04/2021 08:55:38
5 forum posts
1 photos

Thanks Wilf for the info i will try them

Harry John Redcliffe06/04/2021 08:59:32
5 forum posts
1 photos

Hi Mike I asked them , the replied was that none would fit

Mike Jordan06/04/2021 10:24:55
166 forum posts
17 photos

Scot & Sargeant and Yandles both claim to have spares. Why not post a photo of the part? Someone may have an idea to help.

Harry John Redcliffe06/04/2021 14:07:09
5 forum posts
1 photos

Table trunion

Harry John Redcliffe06/04/2021 14:10:53
5 forum posts
1 photos

Thanks Mike, RSPB 12"Record bandsaw table trunion damaged accident Record tools no longer make this bansaw and no spare Help Please

Mike Jordan06/04/2021 15:47:33
166 forum posts
17 photos

There is a chance that someone will recognise this as a part common to other makes and will be able to help.

From the look of the damage it may be that the table can be locked in the horizontal position so that use for square cuts is possible. The only other method I can think of is to make up a right angle steel plate to replace the part. This again would only serve for right angle cuts.ŵŵ

Wilf.T06/04/2021 19:08:09
29 forum posts
2 photos

I'd take the parts off the frame and table and measure up the fixing centers and the table hight from the frame fixings and frame. With that detail go to a good tool stockist and have a 'wander' around the shop and do similar measurements.

My 'local' tool store (Elmers, Ipswich) are very helpful when finding parts in that fashion. Maybe even Charnwood could help if you send them the measurements. Just be very generic in your description - '12" Bandsaw" rather than telling them a specific make. (Charnwood were very helpful in supplying a replacement motor for a mates B&D bandsaw.)

I and I guess most people on this forum believe most (small) Bandsaws come out of one factory in China so many parts are common across many names.

Last ditch help is find a one-man-band metal fabrication workshop, take the damaged unit to them and ask if they can repair or replace.

Edited By Wilf.T on 06/04/2021 19:10:21

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Marriott & Co
Craft Supplies
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Robert Sorby
Triton
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Tormek
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact