By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Stable door by Mike Jordan

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
brett Mayfield15/01/2021 17:34:00
1 forum posts

Hi. I've been asked to make an inwards opening stable door and was glad to find the piece by Mike Jordan. It was a really helpful article and the door looked great but i had a couple of questions. Firstly I wasn't clear about the way the top and bottom doors met up. Although there was a diagram it looked like the door would not open inwards due to the bevelled cut designed to shed water on the top door. Is any one able to shed some light or are there any other pics of this project that would make it a little clearer. Nice work Mike!

Mike Jordan10/04/2021 08:05:07
166 forum posts
17 photos

Hi Brett

sorry about the delay in responding, I don't look at the site very often. As I'm sure you have worked out it just needs an increase in the clearance to make the joint work. A number of my articles seem to have suffered from alterations to the drawings and also some of the text. A sash window drawing was altered in such a way that it would not have been possible to make!

Like a number of other writers I've given up woodworking magazines following a severe pay cut and a refusal to pay for repeat use of articles. Sadly they all seem to cost to much and feature to many adverts. I think it's a case of journalists playing at being woodworkers rather than the other way round.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Marriott & Co
Transwave 2017
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Craft Supplies
Robert Sorby
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Chippendale
Tormek
Turners Tool Box
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact