By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Wadkin RE 1200 Thicknesser Reset

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Connor du Toit07/07/2020 11:50:36
1 forum posts

Hey guys hope you are well.

Have a really old machine here that has stopped working abruptly after a power failure. 'Start Feed' button does nothing.

There is a senior woodworker here that says the machine is in a 'safety' mode to avoid damage and that some combination of buttons presses and twists will reset the machine to operational ability he just does not remember what this specific combination is.

Have scoured the web and unable to find any manual or details of this machine due to it's age. Does anyone know anything about this or have any experience in fixing this problem?

Kind Regards

Connor du Toit

john horton20/07/2020 17:56:55
3 forum posts

Hi Connor

unless your machine has been modified with a safety brake it will be what I call direct drive...........

that's with no other features....by this I mean you press the Green button to start it and the Red button to stop it.......

All my old Wadkin equipment was never modified.....this mod was for "health and safety regulations"........

many machine were just replaced with new up to date equipment.....

Probably it's just a coincidence the machine wont restart.........

if you are capable (no offence meant) can you check to see if you have 3phase power (I assume) to the contactor box.... 3 phase is not to be messed with if you are UNSURE.....

I have had similar problems with older machines, all 3 phase.......often it's just the age of the switch gear....they just give up......

My Bridgeport milling machine went bad, worked one min then would not restart after a power outage ...

one of the contactors contacts had cried enough...they were 20 years old and I guess the surge of power finally burnt them out.....

I hope this helps, please ask for further ideas........

BUT please be careful with 3 phase electricity........Frank

john horton20/07/2020 18:57:07
3 forum posts

Hi Connor

unless you machine has had the latest up date for the instant brake it'll prob be a burnt out contactor........

Is 3 phase ?

Had similar probs with most of my old equipment over the years...all 3 phase........

have you tested for power at the contactor box on the machine........

if it is 3 phase please be very careful.....3 phase is a killer.......

seems my old contactors were just worn out and this power shut down finished them off.......

all replaced now with modern contactors---no more trouble for me......

hope this helps, you can always ask for more idea's........Frank

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact