By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Saw doctor

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Bob Emal06/10/2019 08:06:07
1 forum posts

Does anyone know a good saw doctor to sharpen my dovetail saws? I am sure location is not a problem as I could post them - the important thing is that he/she should be good. I used to have them done when I taught woodwork at a school (in the days when it was a real subject). I then got them done at a local tool shop - but this closed down. My favoured one is from c.1965 and I don't want to have a go myself as I have neither the skill nor the patience! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and, I am sure, would be of use to others. Bob

Julian13/10/2019 11:41:21
547 forum posts
28 photos

Bob - Do it yourself. You will need a couple of good quality files and an old boot fair saw for practice, by the time you have done it a few times you will be the expert. It will take about ten minutes per saw. Have a look on YouTube and search for Paul Sellers, there is a lot of rubbish on youtube but Paul is a master. Have Fun -- Julian

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
D B Keighley
Tormek
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact