By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Saw doctor

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Bob Emal06/10/2019 08:06:07
1 forum posts

Does anyone know a good saw doctor to sharpen my dovetail saws? I am sure location is not a problem as I could post them - the important thing is that he/she should be good. I used to have them done when I taught woodwork at a school (in the days when it was a real subject). I then got them done at a local tool shop - but this closed down. My favoured one is from c.1965 and I don't want to have a go myself as I have neither the skill nor the patience! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and, I am sure, would be of use to others. Bob

Julian13/10/2019 11:41:21
556 forum posts
28 photos

Bob - Do it yourself. You will need a couple of good quality files and an old boot fair saw for practice, by the time you have done it a few times you will be the expert. It will take about ten minutes per saw. Have a look on YouTube and search for Paul Sellers, there is a lot of rubbish on youtube but Paul is a master. Have Fun -- Julian

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Robert Sorby
Felder UK April 2016
Craft Supplies
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Triton
Marriott & Co
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Tormek
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact