By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Making a frame set

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Karl231 Melwin23/09/2019 13:41:34
4 forum posts

Hey! I'm just starting woodworking and I was asked to make a wooden frame set to put family pics in it. What tools would you recommend me to buy to set the frames perfectly? I read about calipers, they are cheap and can be useful in different projects. Could you recommend me one? Or should I just look at Amazon with good feedbacks?

Karl231 Melwin01/11/2019 10:09:03
4 forum posts

Well I was searching dozens of forums and webpages and I finally found a detailed review with popular brands **LINK**

I got a digital caliper Neiko because of its price and good feedbacks. I’ve been using it for several weeks and can say it works fine. The screen is quite big so there’s no reading issues. And it can be switched into 3 different modes easily.

Ron Davis01/11/2019 19:50:47
1608 forum posts
201 photos

Learn to read the old fashioned vernier gauge ( which is what you have in your links) they are easy to read, stand a bit more knocking about and never run out of batteries, but then I am an old codger and a bit set in my ways

Ron

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Transwave 2017
Wood Workers Workshop
Chippendale
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact