By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Great high chair for my buddy

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
George Lewis19/08/2019 14:04:48
4 forum posts

Hi there! I'm thinking of a solid wooden high chair for my little son, do you know what are popular nowadays? I need one easy to clean and adjustable for different age. Or maybe you know where to get a DIY how to make up such chair. Thanks!

Derek Lane19/08/2019 18:00:15
3204 forum posts
990 photos

I think the easiest thing to do is search the internet images and find one you like and work from that. I have no experience of making a high chair and that is where I would start.

Sorry can't be any more help than that

George Lewis27/08/2019 09:49:53
4 forum posts
Posted by Derek Lane on 19/08/2019 18:00:15:

I think the easiest thing to do is search the internet images and find one you like and work from that. I have no experience of making a high chair and that is where I would start.

Sorry can't be any more help than that

Yeah. I did the same, thanks!

George Lewis27/08/2019 09:56:38
4 forum posts
Posted by George Lewis on 19/08/2019 14:04:48:

Hi there! I'm thinking of a solid wooden high chair for my little son, do you know what are popular nowadays? I need one easy to clean and adjustable for different age. Or maybe you know where to get a DIY how to make up such chair. Thanks!

So I decided to update my post in case if someone will be faced with the same issue. First I wanted to find a DIY for a chair but then my wife told it wouldn't be safe as I'm not a professional. After a bit of arguing we decided to buy a new one after all. Well, I've been looking for a high chair which my wife would like and it was a bit hard to deal with it but we did. After reading dozens of forums and posts like this one (a pretty good one detailed review) **LINK** we decided to buy Graco 6 in 1 chair ajustable and easy to clean. Now my wife is happy, my son is happy, that's the main point. You can change the reclining position, the backheight and footrest so this chair will grow with my buddy. Hope this will help anyone!

Ron Davis27/08/2019 19:22:09
1607 forum posts
201 photos

I have made a few chirs in the past and they are all till standing. Try Amazon for Jack Hill Country Chair Making, several desgns in there you can adapt to your needs

Ron

derek willis 128/08/2019 12:06:33
99 forum posts
12 photos

Hello George, You are probably going down the best route, whilst it is is always good to show-off

the things that you have made, I think a lot of skill will be needed.It's been half-a-century since

I needed one and I seem to remember that the end-user (baby) used to get it in an atrocious mess

best dealt with via a pressure washer, whilst plastic has no hidden places to secrete food to ferment,

good luck to you no matter what route you take.

Derek.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
D B Keighley
Tormek
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tool Post
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact