By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Emco Rex B30 planer thicknesser

Looking for a manual and spares

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Martin31/07/2019 23:03:03
5 forum posts

I recently purchased an Emco Rex B30 planer thicknesser. It was very cheap, primarily (I thought) because it had been pretty badly treated, left to corrode in a humid barn for years. Turns out the seller knew exactly what he was doing, and "to be honest we've never used it as a planer" actually meant "the indeed table mechanism is broken, and some halfwit has taken it apart without a clue what they were doing..."

Anyway, the upshot is that a couple of crucial parts of the indeed rise/fall mechanism are broken, plus I'm working blind as I don't know for certain how it looked when new.

Does anyone have (a) a manual for the Emco Rex B30 or, (b) any spares or, (c) a B30 rotting in their garden that I could harvest for parts?

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Julian11/08/2019 09:30:29
547 forum posts
28 photos

Hi Sorry I can't help on your model mine is a Startrite and about 50 years old, I had to shim the infeed table with shimstock to get it level but I am sure when you sort it out it will last for ever. Good luck with it. Julian

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Transwave 2017
Wood Workers Workshop
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
Tool Post
D&M Tools
Tormek
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact