By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Emco Rex B30 planer thicknesser

Looking for a manual and spares

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Martin31/07/2019 23:03:03
8 forum posts

I recently purchased an Emco Rex B30 planer thicknesser. It was very cheap, primarily (I thought) because it had been pretty badly treated, left to corrode in a humid barn for years. Turns out the seller knew exactly what he was doing, and "to be honest we've never used it as a planer" actually meant "the indeed table mechanism is broken, and some halfwit has taken it apart without a clue what they were doing..."

Anyway, the upshot is that a couple of crucial parts of the indeed rise/fall mechanism are broken, plus I'm working blind as I don't know for certain how it looked when new.

Does anyone have (a) a manual for the Emco Rex B30 or, (b) any spares or, (c) a B30 rotting in their garden that I could harvest for parts?

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Julian11/08/2019 09:30:29
556 forum posts
28 photos

Hi Sorry I can't help on your model mine is a Startrite and about 50 years old, I had to shim the infeed table with shimstock to get it level but I am sure when you sort it out it will last for ever. Good luck with it. Julian

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Robert Sorby
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Marriott & Co
Craft Supplies
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Tormek
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact