By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Shed Plans

Question

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
jasper dobson29/05/2019 18:11:36
1 forum posts

Hey all. I have a question about shed plans. I do a bit of woodworking in my spare time but never really built anything of size. I have been looking through the internet for plans to build a shed for my backyard. I came across this review at https://bluemarblelifestyle.com/
Do any of you have experience with this Ryan Shed Plan guy? Have any of you used his plans? It doesn't cost much but I was wondering if any of you had some input you could share?

Julian03/06/2019 20:14:10
547 forum posts
28 photos

Hi Jasper -- I can't comment on Ryan as I don't know his plans but there seems to be a plethora of companies about that will build you a custom made shed however it's not difficult to do yourself and will last a lot longer than most that you will buy. -- Julian

Harry Crowther 124/06/2019 13:59:38
4 forum posts

I wouldn't buy a plan. You should be able to find one on the internet and download it for free. Or look on YouTube, my neighbour made his from a YouTube video.

I would use screws rather than nails for accuracy and so you can easily remove any mistakes. Hitting nails can cause studs or joists to move out of position. If you are using dry wood, you'll need a pilot hole for your screws so that the wood doesn't split.

Hope that helps

Harry

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact