By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Show in the south

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

The North of England Woodworking & Power Tool show returns...

The North of England Woodworking & Power Tool show returns...

...from 16-18 November at the Great Yorkshire Showground in Harrogate

Derek Lane13/11/2018 14:38:49
3185 forum posts
979 photos

Are there any shows that are held in the south of England or are they only aimed at those that live in the Midlands and North.

derek willis 114/11/2018 09:26:34
89 forum posts
12 photos

We lost the best one at Ally Pally, so I don't think there is much, one, I believe at

one of the London race courses.

Derek Lane14/11/2018 20:52:54
3185 forum posts
979 photos

Yes we did unfortunately I did not make the last one at Ally Pally but did send a piece into the competition there.

I am sure the companies that put on these shows think that the northerners have more money to spend than down south.

derek willis 115/11/2018 09:30:37
89 forum posts
12 photos

The venue was too expensive thus making tickets and stand fees far too great for

traders and public alike. For me it took three hours to get there from west Oxfordshire

by train and a small fortune in fares, but a very enjoyable day, always bought something

good there too.

Derek.

Ron Davis15/11/2018 17:35:57
1587 forum posts
201 photos

I would love a show in the south, I was disappointed to see the Nelton show in Detling move to Newark. It seems they have them where the population is densest by that I mean more potential customers within travelling distance.

We watched the Ally Pally show diminish over time and it's demise was not unexpected. Detling seemed well supported judging by the numbers there, so we need one near a well populated area, Home Counties should do it. So why have we not got one?

Ron

Derek Lane15/11/2018 19:30:55
3185 forum posts
979 photos
Posted by Ron Davis on 15/11/2018 17:35:57:

I would love a show in the south, I was disappointed to see the Nelton show in Detling move to Newark. It seems they have them where the population is densest by that I mean more potential customers within travelling distance.

We watched the Ally Pally show diminish over time and it's demise was not unexpected. Detling seemed well supported judging by the numbers there, so we need one near a well populated area, Home Counties should do it. So why have we not got one?

Ron

The Detling show was good and when I went you could not move sometimes not even being able to get to the stand that I wanted

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Chris Tribe Furniture
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Tool Post
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact