By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Foot stool

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Derek Lane29/08/2018 14:38:39
3170 forum posts
964 photos

I was going to wait until I had completed this project but decided to post as I progress. It is not going to be a fast build as i have other things going on like converting some logs into turning blanks.

Anyway I started with the corners with a small turned leg on each. This was the first of four.

dscf0471 (599x800).jpg

Then the next was to get a matching set and as normally I do one off's when turning so copy turning was a little bit of fun for me but I feel I got there in the end.

dscf0489 (800x594).jpg

This picture just shows a mock up of how the sides will look on the corner post. And this is as far as I am at as of two days ago as I have been doing the logs as stated above.

derek willis 129/08/2018 16:10:22
79 forum posts
9 photos

That's what I was on about, there used to be a lot of this sort of thing, I myself, a few years ago, used to post projects quite regularly, a number of which were subsequently published in G/W and the woodworker but, nobody seems to be doing it these days,myself included because of my age I cannot manage what I used to,I just want to share what everyone else is up to.

Derek.

Derek Lane29/08/2018 16:15:37
3170 forum posts
964 photos
Posted by derek willis 1 on 29/08/2018 16:10:22:

That's what I was on about, there used to be a lot of this sort of thing, I myself, a few years ago, used to post projects quite regularly, a number of which were subsequently published in G/W and the woodworker but, nobody seems to be doing it these days,myself included because of my age I cannot manage what I used to,I just want to share what everyone else is up to.

Derek.

I have done some turning but there is only so much that people like to see as that is the main thing that I do when working with wood. The other thing is model/toy making with wood and like yourself have written the odd article for The woodworker.

Unfortunately it will be a couple of days before I can do any more to the stool but as soon as i do I will post more progress The top of it will be done by someone else as I am only doing the woodwork side of things but I am sure my sister who this is for will send photos of the top cushion once fitted.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Wood Workers Workshop
Chris Tribe Furniture
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Tool Post
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact