By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Coloured Box

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Derek Lane21/11/2017 18:56:56
3157 forum posts
958 photos

Again not very arty or difficult like many I have seen but the Pyrography machine did get used and took some time to do all of the dots, the Japanese writing was a quick job and took a fraction of the time I was going for a totally black finish but with the burnt dots giving the pot texture. Well I lightly sanded and liked the effect that was produced. I used spirit stain for the red and a gold guilt for the rest did not like the very bright gold so took that off and painted it red again with the spirit stain then re applied the gold letting the red show through which gave the desired effect.
This is the main reason for going into pyrography and that is to decorate my turnings I also do picture as I did with the praying hands in the bottom of a bowl.
It measures 4 3/4" X 2 1/4" from a piece of unknown wood

dscf8715 (768x1024).jpg

Wolfie31/12/2017 12:36:05
406 forum posts
76 photos

Hi Derek, just had to comment on your beautiful work. Well done it must have taken you some time to do. I am no longer doing any woodwork now but do look in the forum now and again. I would like to take the opportunity to wish you and all forum members a very happy and healthy new year

Derek Lane31/12/2017 17:11:52
3157 forum posts
958 photos
Posted by Wolfie on 31/12/2017 12:36:05:

Hi Derek, just had to comment on your beautiful work. Well done it must have taken you some time to do. I am no longer doing any woodwork now but do look in the forum now and again. I would like to take the opportunity to wish you and all forum members a very happy and healthy new year

Thank you Wolfie glad to see you are still around shame you are no longer playing with wood it is what keeps me going.

And a Happy new year to you and your family

David A. Moody08/01/2018 03:35:45
111 forum posts
16 photos

Beautifully done

Derek Lane09/01/2018 12:04:41
3157 forum posts
958 photos

Thank you David

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Good Woodworking or The Woodworker? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Good Woodworking & The Woodworker

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Woodworking? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Chris Tribe Furniture
Tool Post
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact