By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Nuts and Rats! (umm, I mean nuts and bolts ha ha ha :-)

thanks to a rat my toolshed got a clean out and an upgrade!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
David A. Moody18/02/2017 11:08:19
120 forum posts
18 photos

Yesterday our dog Maxie was scratching around my tool shed, which is usually what she does when she smells a rat. We have an empty house adjacent to ours, duplex construction, that is overgrown and rat infested, so sometimes they decide to enter our yard. We couldn’t see it, so we left well enough alone. Maxie didn’t. By morning my stack of wood and floor tiles had been scattered all over the place, some of the wood was chewed up a bit, and a few tiles were broken. She also chewed a big hole in my garden soaker sprinkler. Okay, so that’s my plans for the day thrown out the window!

thanks to that rat my toolshed got a clean out and an upgrade!

I've written a full story on my blog: http://woodworking.david-moody.info/nuts-and-rats/

Edited By David A. Moody on 18/02/2017 11:08:47

Edited By David A. Moody on 18/02/2017 11:09:12

Edited By David A. Moody on 18/02/2017 11:18:24

Sparky18/02/2017 14:56:39
7631 forum posts
22 photos

Bummer mate....I had the same problem where they came from a water drainage ditch and my old neighbour even bought ferrets as their wee is said to keep rats away....worked for a while but the rats aren't stupid, they just entered the house wall cavity by chewing through the metal wall vents and climbed through to our house, up the inside through the cavity insulation, around our loft and down through the cavity to next doors house (semi-detached)…I had bought traps (caught a few) and poison (which only brought in giant flies into kitchen 😡

Since moved and unpacked my tools etc, found my dust bags chewed through and what looks like nesting with sunflower seeds....ho hum, back to blocking every hole and place metal grailing on bottom of garage door.....at least this is a mouse and not a rat but, they still can do a lot of damage....little buggers 😒

Good luck 👍🏼

David A. Moody20/02/2017 09:49:09
120 forum posts
18 photos

Sorry to hear about your losses, but that's all the fun of life!

Sparky20/02/2017 18:19:57
7631 forum posts
22 photos

Ain't that the truth! LOL 😂

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tool Post
Tormek
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact