By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

elektra beckum 315

Oring very slow

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Chris Williams 1108/11/2016 07:54:35
1 forum posts

hi I bought an elektra beckum 315 over a year ago and it has been working fine but over the last few days it starts very slowly with the blade turning at approx ten times slower than it should.

After a short while it starts getting quicker and then full speed, but yesterday it goes slow and will not go to full speed.

I removed the blade and cleaned all dust and debris out but still no improvement

Can anyone suggested a fix or diagnose an issue that needs repairing

Many thanks in advance

Chris

Paul Bodiam08/11/2016 12:56:52
106 forum posts
62 photos

Sounds like the starter capacitor on the motor is on its way out.

Here is a link that explains what a starting capacitor does: **LINK**

If you are comfortable with working with electrickery, this is comething that you can fix yourself - you can get replacements from eBay (other online traders are available) for a few quid - just make sure you get one that matches both the *rating* and physical dimensions of the one you take off your motor.

Otherwise a local electrician should be able to help you out.

Where are you located? If anywhere near me (North East Hampshire) I'd be happy to help for the price of a really good cuppa.

John F05/12/2016 09:15:47
48 forum posts
14 photos

If it is the condenser I would recommend you contact Transwave (aka power capacitors), advert on this site. I had a problem wit the drive on my Emco lathe and was quoted a huge (can't remember prcicely but it was in the order of £40-50 ) price from the importers for a condenser, got two from Transwave for less than a tenner ! Excellent company in my opinion.

Edited By John F on 05/12/2016 09:20:46

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact