By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

1:20 scale Kenworth T908 Tri-drive, Side-Tip Quad Road-train.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Roger Jenkins14/08/2016 02:40:49
18 forum posts
44 photos

Fairly common here in Australia, as they are cheaper to operate than building a railway line, plus can go where trains cannot !

A real Side-tip Quad, Road-train, "only," measures 175 ft, ( 53.5 metres ) in length, and hauls a good 120 tons of material / ore, and travels at about 50mph on the open road. They do come longer,- some haul Five, Six, or even Seven trailers!!!

This 1:20 scale model is of a standard Kenworth T908 sleeper, hauling a Quad Side-tip Road-train, ( Called a," Quad," as it has four massive trailers ). and stretches an impressive 2.7 metres, ( 9ft. ) from end to end !! 1:20 scale Side-Tip Quad Road-Train.

Derek Lane16/08/2016 17:02:03
3206 forum posts
990 photos

That is one impressive size, I can imagine that you may have problems displaying it.

Julian16/08/2016 20:06:07
547 forum posts
28 photos

Thanks for posting Roger, these are very impressive. -- Julian

Roger Jenkins17/08/2016 00:26:05
18 forum posts
44 photos

Derek Lane, ( & everyone else ),- The 1:20 scale side-tip Quad Road Train was custom built for a, Queenbyan, New South Wales, Australia, client who is a truckie, ( truck driver ) & loves his wooden model big rigs,- That one was his forth order he got me to build for him.

As to where he keeps them,- I have no idea.

****One 9yr old,- One Big Truck. The biggest wooden model I have made so far was for a little 9 yr old boy who has major sight problems, & wants to become a Truckie like his Grandpa, but cannot due to his disability, therefore with the kind assistance of several Aussie truckies I custom built a 1:15 scale Kenworth T908, hauling a triple Road-train completed with load, tarps, & working LED lights.

It " ONLY " measured, 3.8 metres, ( 12ft ), in length,- Got a heap of pics here so will post them here later, Added a photo of the young lad holding his very own Prime-mover, ( Truck )

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Tool Post
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact