By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Nick Gibbs - how is he?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mike Watkins30/07/2016 08:30:22
15 forum posts

Does anyone know how Nick Gibbs is doing these days? His accident was the most terrible thing to happen and completely changed his life. I bumped into him about a year ago and although he was physically well he was still struggling with his memory. Apart from the piece in GW a while back I've not heard any more about how he is. Has anyone spoken to him or seen him? I met him a few times over the years and he always had time to chat and was interested in what you were doing in your wood working life. I do hope he is well, all the very best if your out there Nick. Mike Watkins.

derek willis 130/07/2016 09:38:39
99 forum posts
12 photos

Mike,

I like you wonder, I can't chat in email any more because all the addresses have been disbanded.

A very nice person, he also put one of my smaller projects in the magazine at every issue for

the first year, came over to take pics in my workshop, ( he only lives about 20 miles from me),

And all because of not wearing a helmet, I am guilty of the same, but, have reached the time when I

don't feel all that confident anymore, just too damned old.

Derek.

Mike Watkins30/07/2016 19:33:28
15 forum posts

Hi Derek, nice to hear from you and your thoughts about Nick. He sure is a nice person and along with everyone else l was horrified at what happened. I know he was determined to carry on after the hard work he put into getting well again but he told me he just couldn't cope having lost his confidence and staying power. As you say, all because of a helmet.

I know what you mean about getting old, it's pants! It's my eyesight l get annoyed about, especially in the workshop. Best regards, Mike

Tegan Foley01/08/2016 10:42:39
21 forum posts
149 articles

Hi Mike, Nick did get in touch earlier this year and ask to write a monthly page for the magazine, which he did do for a few months, but then unfortunately he said he wouldn't be able to continue this. I haven't heard from him in a while so I do hope he's OK. The last thing I heard was that he'd applied for a job in his local B&Q.

Best wishes,
Tegan

Mike Watkins01/08/2016 16:47:03
15 forum posts

Hi Tegan. Thanks for the info, l did read something about a job at B&Q, l just hope it's worked out for him. Poor guy has really been through it and l just hope and pray that he's able to do some woodworking, even if it's small bits here and there. I'm really sorry he wasn't able to carry on writing because he always had some good ideas and something interesting to say. Take care wherever you are Nick. Thanks again Tegan, very best regards, Mike.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Craft Supplies
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Triton
Robert Sorby
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Marriott & Co
Felder UK April 2016
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact