By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

table saw help

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
George coleman 225/07/2016 05:48:56
6 forum posts

Hey guys,

I have started to set up a little wood working shop in my garage and playing around with different things i can do with small tools to begin with like coat hangers, door trim, fixing chairs etc then i started getting in band saws, drill press etc to make bigger projects and to make life easier. I am now looking to how big table saws are because i haven't got the biggest garage but there is still enough space and i have to take maneuvering into consideration, and i need to know what are the best brands and where to buy table saws for sale?? On the other side of things do i actually need it? or does the band saw pretty much serve the same purpose?? as you can see i am a bit stuck on the whole situation so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks everyone!!!!

George coleman 226/07/2016 07:07:24
6 forum posts
Posted by George coleman 2 on 25/07/2016 05:48:56:

Hey guys,

I have started to set up a little wood working shop in my garage and playing around with different things i can do with small tools to begin with like coat hangers, door trim, fixing chairs etc then i started getting in band saws, drill press etc to make bigger projects and to make life easier. I am now looking to how big table saws are because i haven't got the biggest garage but there is still enough space and i have to take maneuvering into consideration, and i need to know what are the best brands and where to buy table saws for sale?? On the other side of things do i actually need it? or does the band saw pretty much serve the same purpose?? as you can see i am a bit stuck on the whole situation so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks everyone!!!!

As is turns out for anyone who reads this further on you can use a band saw for (most) of the wood you need to cut, although there are some harder thicker woods that would be very difficult for the band saw to get through oak, maple for examples but a steady hand and a hand saw will do the job

Edited By George coleman 2 on 26/07/2016 07:08:06

Big Al27/07/2016 05:38:48
1592 forum posts
73 photos

I own both a table saw and a band saw and use the table saw the most. Both have their uses, and both have their plus and minus points. Hard to say which one I would choose over the other.

Al

Mike Watkins28/07/2016 11:03:10
15 forum posts

Hi. I started my own carpentry business a few years ago, mainly making oak window frames and doors and l have both a tablesaw and bandsaw and l can without hesitation say that the tablesaw is my main machine. It's a SIP 01332 10" cast iron and it does 98% of the work. Although the l wouldn't be without the bandsaw, l find it limited in it uses. One piece of advice if buying a tablesaw, go for a heavy cast iron top type with an induction motor, anything else is just to noisy and unstable. The good thing about the model l have is that it's 13amp, something to be aware of when looking. Good luck, Mike

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Transwave 2017
Tormek
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Chippendale
Tool Post
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact