By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

With some sadness

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mailee26/05/2016 20:25:50
1048 forum posts
1235 photos

Well guys, it is with some sadness that I have to announce I am giving up the business. Work has been slow recently and after a fall from a ladder I jarred my back and had to have some time off. Money is tight and rather than delve into my pension I am getting a job again, light duties but not woodworking. I shall downsize and continue wood working as a hobby again, small stuff of course to keep my hand in. Will still be visiting the forum to keep up to date of course.

Derek Lane26/05/2016 21:34:42
3219 forum posts
1004 photos

Sorry to hear that Mailee, that is the problem when you work for yourself something like the fall can knock you for six. Hope all goes well on the employment front and hope to see some of what you are able to produce on here.

sad sam27/05/2016 15:52:19
606 forum posts
242 photos

HI mail we

So sorry to hear you have to give up the business and hope you get I kick in where you enjoy it

Good luck

Sadsam

Ron Davis27/05/2016 19:29:42
1619 forum posts
201 photos

Hi Mailee, we will miss your photo's and write ups of your work, hopefully you will be fully recovered soon.

Your wood work will be even more impressive when you just do it for yourself and not to satisfy a customer

Ron

Big Al28/05/2016 06:05:50
1602 forum posts
73 photos

I too worked for myself for about 3 years and had to call it a day nearly 10 years ago and find a job, and looking back at it, it was the right thing to do at the right time. My furniture making has gone a lot further now that I make things for the sheer enjoyment of it rather than trying to make a living from it.

Al

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Craft Supplies
Transwave 2017
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Marriott & Co
Felder UK April 2016
Robert Sorby
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact