By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Rogers Big Rig

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Derek Lane26/05/2016 10:51:26
3204 forum posts
990 photos

What a fantastic model rig Roger. Being that I make toys as well I appreciate the work involved in making this.

Edited By Derek Lane on 26/05/2016 10:53:09

Roger Jenkins26/05/2016 11:53:38
18 forum posts
44 photos

Derek,- Thank you kindly for the compliment. That model is over 1.2 metres, ( 4ft. ) in length x 175mm, ( 7" ) wide and set to, 1:15 scale for realism. The owner is a, ( wait for it ),- a Fifty year old, " Kid," who drives a real one of similar shape.

Although I drill all the location holes for the LED lights an Electronics mate of mine does the actual lights & wiring as he knows what he's doing more than me.

For anyone interested, the truck is based on an Australian T908 Kenworth sleeper, hauling a flat-deck tri-axle semi,- also for any woodworker interested, ( & I don't wish to step on anyones' toes here ),- I am in the process of drawing up Woodworking Plans for our Aussie Big Rigs, & Road Trains;- simply ask for more info.

John Kinch26/05/2016 18:06:03
206 forum posts
91 photos

Hi. I would be interest in plans. Have made a few trucks in the past and found them to be very interesting, involving various aspects of woodwork machinig.

Roger Jenkins27/05/2016 03:24:45
18 forum posts
44 photos

John Kinch,- ( & anyone else interested ),Have the 1:20 scale plan almost completed to build a 1988 Series 2 Mack Superliner,- just some final artwork to add, then down to the materials list, & the detailed assembly instructions, It is the first of my New Series titled, " Big Rigs, " which will initially just be , 1:20 scale wooden models, and later, a range of larger, 1:15 scale models too with heaps more detail, plus the option of fitting working LED lights. As each plan is drawn actual size, & with actual size templates, etc., they cannot be transmitted by email as the templates & artwork becomes distorted & out of scale, therefore it is worldwide delivery by Air Mail only at this stage. Simply message me for more info.

** ( If allowed ),- I would love a Distributor/Agent in the UK region, as also have my own range of 50 Toy individual Plans, along with a range of Funny Signs & Witty Expressions woodworking Plans;- If anyone would be interested simply message me and can work out a business arrangement.

***( If allowed ),- Am also on Facebook,- type, " Genuine Australian made wooden model road trains & big Rigs, " onto the searchbar

charlie gallagher04/06/2016 07:13:36
1 forum posts

Woah!! what a piece of work!! looks awesome dude.. I wonder how much does it cost, would you mind sharing some details or more photos while you work on that big RIG!!

Roger Jenkins15/08/2016 02:29:06
18 forum posts
44 photos

John Kinch;-( & anyone else interested ) Plan now available to build a 1:20 scale Aussie Kenworth T908/909 Big Rig,- similar to the one in main post photo, but smaller @ 1:20 scale,- Highly detailed actual size plan, includes paper templates, dimensions, instructions, & helpful hints. Plan has two cabin styles, tow sleeper sizes, plus info on how to build a spectacular Tri- drive version too. ** Plan has duel imperial & metric dimensions where practical too.

Standard model dimensions,- 400mm, ( 16" ) long x 127mm. ( 5" ) wide.( will supply photo next post )

*** Only available in paper copy due to size of the Big Rig Woodworking Plan,- message me for more info.

Roger Jenkins15/08/2016 02:38:23
18 forum posts
44 photos

John Kinch, ( & everyone else interested ) Here's a photo of the, Aussie Kenworth T908/909 Big Rig Sleeper, which is now available as a woodworking plan,- Dimensions,- 400mm.long x 127mm.wide, ( 16" L x 5" W. )t908 model, & plastruct checherplate 001.jpgsimply message me for more info.

Edited By Roger Jenkins on 15/08/2016 02:39:34

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Transwave 2017
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Tormek
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact