By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Hi from the land downunder, ( Australia )

Wooden Model Plans, & Toy Plans

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Roger Jenkins24/05/2016 04:25:07
18 forum posts
44 photos

Hi, Have just joined. Here in Australia I am a wood crafts guy with a good 40 something years experience, and over the years have drawn up my own range of wooden Toy Plans, plus, nowadays specialize in designing & custom building wooden models of our Aussie Big Rigs, & our iconic Road Trains,- which I am now slowing drawing up as Plans for anyone interested.

Question;- As some of these plans are probably suitable for the United Kingdom, & European woodworkers to buy and build their own wooden toys, or wooden model Big Rigs, ( Big Rigs set to, 1:20 scale, & larger ),, has anyone got any useful suggestions for me to contact as per possible importation, &/or published under Copyright License in the UK / European region ?

Over years past I have had editorial info published in The Australian Woodworker Magazine, plus years ago used to supply a few Toy Plans for publication from 1985 up to 1997 when the Australian Woodworker Magazine changed its format.

Roger Jenkins, Wood Crafts, Port Vincent, South Australia.

John F06/07/2016 19:59:53
50 forum posts
14 photos

Hi Roger,

This should bump you up top again, sorry not my field but hopefully some one will respond , not so much goes on on this forum compared to the sister site on Model Engineering.

Good luck in your quest.

Regards John

P S do you have a web site? this might boost interest in your product.

Tegan Foley08/07/2016 10:05:26
21 forum posts
142 articles

Hi Roger, thanks for your post. As John says, a website would be a great way of getting your name and your work out there.

We've recently run a few articles in The Woodworker magazine documenting the build of a Mercedes truck and a motorbike rocker, both of which were made using downloadable plans.

I'm not sure what to suggest re selling your plans over here, but I think the downloadable web option would probably be the easiest and most straightforward.

I think there's definitely a market for this in the UK and Europe so definitely an avenue worth exploring, and judging by your avatar (which I assume is one of your truck builds?) your work looks absolutely stunning!

Feel free to email me directly (tegan.foley@mytimemedia.com) if I can be of any more assistance.

Best wishes,

Tegan (Group Editor, Good Woodworking and The Woodworker magazines)

Roger Jenkins08/07/2016 12:18:10
18 forum posts
44 photos

Tegan, Although I like your suggestion about having downloadable plans, which I know are all the fashion nowadays, my plans are all drawn Actual Size, onto A3 size paper, and being highly detailed, with paper templates, detailed artwork, materials list, and easy to follow instructions, which on average cover 20 plus A3 pages, to convert these into PDF documents for transmission by email is almost impossible. I have tried converting my plans into PDF documents, but unfortunately by the time everything is scaled down, converted into PDF, then send by email to a buyer, who prints them off,- heaps of artwork, & associated info is lost, or is distorted when downloaded. Personally I would prefer someone to import the plans from me, under Copyright License & reprint them for the UK market.

** If anyone has a subscription with The Australian Woodworker Magazine, there is an editorial about my new range of Big Rig Plans, in the current Aug.2016 issue, Pg. 74, & 75.

Photo added of a 1:20 scale Kenworth Aerodyne, hauling a Custom tri-van trailer, which I recently designed & built for a local client.1:20 scale Kenworth K108 & custom van

Tegan Foley08/07/2016 12:21:55
21 forum posts
142 articles

Hi Roger, ah, I see. Your plans sound very involved and therefore not suitable for downloading, as you mention.

I'm not personally very knowledgeable when it comes to the importing of plans, but I'm sure it's possible.

I would be very happy to run a similar editorial piece about your new range if you're able to email me some text and images?

Amazing work and I'd love to give you some help in raising awareness over here.

Do let me know.

Best,

Tegan

Roger Jenkins08/07/2016 12:52:43
18 forum posts
44 photos

Tegan;- Offer accepted for an editorial section about my New range of Big Rig models.

Questions;-

( 1 ) When is your Magazine's deadline for editorial content ?

( 2 ). To whom do I email the editorial info to ?

( 3 ) What is your circulation per issue ?

** From October of this year I will be running a small color display Ad in The Australian Woodworker magazine,- maybe could do something similar in Your Magazine too after the editorial info has been published.

Tegan Foley08/07/2016 13:09:39
21 forum posts
142 articles

Hi Roger, in answer to your questions:

1. You have just missed the September issue, but if you could send in the next week or two then I will get this into both of our October issues. I can also place a press release on the website for you at any time

2. Please email to me: tegan.foley@mytimemedia.com

3. Our circulation on both magazines is 16,000 each

I hope that helps. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,
Tegan

Roger Jenkins08/07/2016 23:50:43
18 forum posts
44 photos

Hi Tegan, Thank you kindly for your prompt reply.

Shall work out some editorial content in the next couple of evenings, ( Aust. time ), include a photo or two, and email everything to you, then you can set up the editorial, & include the best photo.

I am also have a group site on Facebook, which has heaps of photos of my wooden model Big Rigs, plus some info about the plans too;- will include that info in the personal email to you, otherwise someone is bound to tell me off for adding the info here.

Thanking you kindly,

Roger.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Craft Supplies
Triton
Transwave 2017
Robert Sorby
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Marriott & Co
Wood Workers Workshop
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact