By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

bandsaw problem

ELU ABS 3401 AB(old)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
michael wynn29/04/2016 02:50:56
1 forum posts

I disassembled the machine for cleaning. Thereafter, I could not reassemble it successfully. The rod on which the upper wheel is mounted I attached to the screw, spring and tightener knob. I then found that when tightened, the wheel mounting was drawn up and jammed in its holder, far above the level of the screw which controls upper wheel tracking, sited at the lower end of the mounting rod. I am at a loss as to how I should progress. There must be a piece missing but I cannot imagine where the fault lies unless it is at the top of the wheel mounting rod. Exploded drawings show a bearing on the tensioner mechanism but I do not recollect my machine having such. Anyway, this is unlikely to have a bearing on the main problem. It occurs to me that had I put the blade back on then tensioned it, this might have got rid of some of the excess.I would be grateful for any advice as to what went wrong and how I might correct it.

George coleman 226/07/2016 07:02:11
6 forum posts

Have you got any pictures of where the problem is maybe we can determine whether there is a peace missing or not

Derek Lane26/07/2016 22:10:05
3218 forum posts
1004 photos

As George says pictures would be good.

Did you mean a Elu EBS 3401. Have you looked at the parts diagram HERE

Edited By Derek Lane on 26/07/2016 22:17:51

Edited By Derek Lane on 27/07/2016 00:06:11

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Tormek
Tool Post
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact