By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Compressed air

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Don McLaren07/04/2016 19:10:56
12 forum posts

Greetings all. I have over the last 5 years created a woodturning workshop. A place where I can hide, make a mess and occasionally make something that I am proud of. I am in a bit of a desert NW Wiltshire) as far as woodturning clubs are concerned so I cannot ask my local club members and have had to learn much from courses (Axminster) and the internet videos. I often see air hoses used to clean pieces before a finish is applied and thought I'd try and set one up too. My question is what do others do? Are there any simple quiet air jet systems that would do the job? I am hesitant to buy a system that is used for air tools and garages as that is likely to be bulky and more than I need. Any suggestions, please? Aye, Don

Derek Lane07/04/2016 23:13:04
3204 forum posts
990 photos

Look for one with a reservoir does not need to be large if that is all you are using it for. just make sure you have good extraction and a mask. It still may be a little noisy but you only need it on for a short time

Don McLaren09/04/2016 18:42:19
12 forum posts

Sound advice, Derek - thank you. Don

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tool Post
D B Keighley
Tormek
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact