By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Apprentices can't always be fooled

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Steven28/08/2015 21:28:44
143 forum posts
11 photos
367 articles

We’ve all heard of young trainee’s being sent out for sky hooks or a long wait, that sort of thing.

I recently heard a story of young man being asked to find a see through hammer, as the chippy kept on missing the nails, after some time he come back, and proudly presented a clear Perspex panel beaters hammer at great expense to the company, now that’s lateral thinking.

This might be an old one, I don’t know, but have you heard of any other similar stories?

Ron Davis29/08/2015 17:49:39
1619 forum posts
201 photos

One young lad was sent for 5/16" round holes. He disappeared for the entire afternoon. He came back and said he had tried all over town for them. turned out he went to the cinema for the afternoon.

My Dad was sent for a skirting ladder, don't know if he went or not.

One snowy day I was asked to get my mates footprints, I told him to get them himself. He wanted his pipe wrench!

Ron

PS Why, when I press the carriage return, does the cursor go to the top of the post, anything to do with windows 10?

Big Al30/08/2015 14:46:49
1602 forum posts
73 photos
Posted by Ron Davis on 29/08/2015 17:49:39:

PS Why, when I press the carriage return, does the cursor go to the top of the post, anything to do with windows 10?

Hi Ron

I have the same problem on my imac when using safari, but if I use google chrome it works ok.

Al

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Craft Supplies
Transwave 2017
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Marriott & Co
Felder UK April 2016
Robert Sorby
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact