By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Pricng articles for craft fairs

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
gerald meager20/08/2015 09:25:58
85 forum posts
2 photos

I recently returned to the uk to live after 10 years of living in Spain. To try and get my hobby to pay for itself I 've decided to enter a craft fair in November as a woodturner. In Spain it was mostly the brits who bought turned stuff as the Spaniards think all woods for burning. Normally I sell my stuff privately to friends and relatives I'm always happy if I've covered the costs of materials etc I know the professionals will moan at this but I want to keep my turning and cabinet making a hobby and not have the pressure of business profit and loss etcI do have a number of Galleries around where I live and find their charges quite excessive. Any help on pricing for craft fairs wuld be gratefully received. Ged Meager

Edited By gerald meager on 20/08/2015 09:28:18

Derek Lane21/08/2015 08:31:26
3204 forum posts
990 photos

I have just started to do craft fairs and like you I am only doing that as there is only so much you can give away to family and friends. As for pricing I always try to cover material costs plus some more for the overheads and some of the time which helps buy anything else that I may need so that the hobby keeps itself.

Many that sell as a living will probably moan at what many craft fair sellers price their bits for.

There is no fixed pricing guide it is a case of finding that price which suits you and the buyers, but be careful that you don't give it away.

Not really a lot of help I know this subject has been covered so much in various forums with no definitive answers.

I try to have things on the stall like light pulls which are the bottom end of the pricing they sell pretty quick considering that they are made from all the scrappy offcuts that does not mean they are badly turned.

Big Al21/08/2015 16:24:52
1592 forum posts
73 photos

Good luck with pricing your work, I have never managed to get it right.

One lady once told me that most people fall into the PPP category, Pick it up, Put it down and then they P*@s off.

Al

Derek Lane21/08/2015 19:30:41
3204 forum posts
990 photos
Posted by Big Al on 21/08/2015 16:24:52:

Good luck with pricing your work, I have never managed to get it right.

One lady once told me that most people fall into the PPP category, Pick it up, Put it down and then they P*@s off.

Al

I get a lot of Ohhh that's nice what lovely work. then they walk away

gerald meager22/08/2015 05:03:13
85 forum posts
2 photos

Does any body use the PayPal portable card reader to allow people to pay for their goods at craft fairs

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tool Post
D B Keighley
Tormek
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact