By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Pizza Board

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Derek Lane11/07/2015 17:26:39
3219 forum posts
1004 photos

Decided to have a go at a Pizza board/peel. This will take a 12" Pizza finished with chestnut food safe oil it tapers from 3/4" at the handle to 1/4" at the front.
I must treat myself to some more Ashley Iles carving chisels. The flat surface for holding the pizza and cutting the other so it can be hung as a decorative piece.

dscf5172-001.jpg

Ryan Davenport AWGB Membership Secretary22/07/2015 14:25:15
40 forum posts
14 photos

I can't recommend Ashley Iles products enough they are amazing, what species of wood have you used? This is a quite affective, simplistic form that's pleasant to look at and is shaped really well, fantastic

KR

Derek Lane22/07/2015 16:42:42
3219 forum posts
1004 photos
Posted by Ryan Davenport AWGB Trustee on 22/07/2015 14:25:15:

I can't recommend Ashley Iles products enough they are amazing, what species of wood have you used? This is a quite affective, simplistic form that's pleasant to look at and is shaped really well, fantastic

KR

I have to agree nearly all the carving tools I have got are from there. I find them comfortable to use, I have even started to get some of their turning tools as well.

The Paddle is not my design but one of Chris Pye's all I did was to change the wording and not add any artwork, maybe the next one

Ryan Davenport AWGB Membership Secretary22/07/2015 16:47:52
40 forum posts
14 photos

I've been convincing the wife I need to get into Iles turning range instead of rob sorb and I'm glad to hear a review about them. Different when they want another handbag or shoes though secret

Thanks again.

Derek Lane22/07/2015 16:49:41
3219 forum posts
1004 photos

Like Robert Sorby you can get their tools unhandled so make what is comfortable for yourself

Julian24/07/2015 20:24:13
553 forum posts
28 photos

All my turning tools are Ashley, I get them from Yandles when I am there at the show. You don't save a lot by getting them unhandled and there handles do sit well in the hand but you can make your own handles to your own length and design, I think this gives a lot more satisfaction. -- Julian

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Robert Sorby
Craft Supplies
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Triton
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Tormek
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact