By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Pizza Board

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Derek Lane11/07/2015 17:26:39
3218 forum posts
1004 photos

Decided to have a go at a Pizza board/peel. This will take a 12" Pizza finished with chestnut food safe oil it tapers from 3/4" at the handle to 1/4" at the front.
I must treat myself to some more Ashley Iles carving chisels. The flat surface for holding the pizza and cutting the other so it can be hung as a decorative piece.

dscf5172-001.jpg

Ryan Davenport AWGB Membership Secretary22/07/2015 14:25:15
40 forum posts
14 photos

I can't recommend Ashley Iles products enough they are amazing, what species of wood have you used? This is a quite affective, simplistic form that's pleasant to look at and is shaped really well, fantastic

KR

Derek Lane22/07/2015 16:42:42
3218 forum posts
1004 photos
Posted by Ryan Davenport AWGB Trustee on 22/07/2015 14:25:15:

I can't recommend Ashley Iles products enough they are amazing, what species of wood have you used? This is a quite affective, simplistic form that's pleasant to look at and is shaped really well, fantastic

KR

I have to agree nearly all the carving tools I have got are from there. I find them comfortable to use, I have even started to get some of their turning tools as well.

The Paddle is not my design but one of Chris Pye's all I did was to change the wording and not add any artwork, maybe the next one

Ryan Davenport AWGB Membership Secretary22/07/2015 16:47:52
40 forum posts
14 photos

I've been convincing the wife I need to get into Iles turning range instead of rob sorb and I'm glad to hear a review about them. Different when they want another handbag or shoes though secret

Thanks again.

Derek Lane22/07/2015 16:49:41
3218 forum posts
1004 photos

Like Robert Sorby you can get their tools unhandled so make what is comfortable for yourself

Julian24/07/2015 20:24:13
552 forum posts
28 photos

All my turning tools are Ashley, I get them from Yandles when I am there at the show. You don't save a lot by getting them unhandled and there handles do sit well in the hand but you can make your own handles to your own length and design, I think this gives a lot more satisfaction. -- Julian

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Wood Workers Workshop
Chippendale
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Tool Post
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact