By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Pens & Pencils

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Raymond Sanderson12/02/2015 22:28:10
48 forum posts
71 photos

I had some scrappy off cuts of burl and dropped them off at a mates place, Ian was getting into whats become known as "Wasted Wood Blanks".

He produced some amazing pieces these 4 pencils are just 4 of those colours used on making Workshop Pencils. I never use the centre band supplied after making the first two, my reason is simple one they are assembled its difficult to remove the mechanism.

p1070819.jpg

A about 3 years ago I bought about 20 Jnr Gent kits roller ball and fountain pen, these have a 6 facet grip area. These have been sitting waiting to become pens.

Timbers are Spalted Mango, Bull Oak with laminated Cedar strip,

p1070860.jpg

p1070864.jpg

A Jnr Gent and a Chrome Baroness Fountain pen Roller Ball set x 2 using acrylic blanks.

p1070828.jpg

Jnr Gents again New Guinea Rosewood, English Oak and Wenge, 2 x Camphor cross cut.

p1070878.jpg

p1070884.jpg

p1070890.jpg

Derek Lane12/02/2015 22:58:45
3204 forum posts
990 photos

I like all of them Ray. I must get some of those pencils in the future, so many things to make

Raymond Sanderson12/02/2015 23:40:55
48 forum posts
71 photos

I have made a few pencils including the smaller sketch type I prefer these for size and feel females prefer the other.

Your so right Derek and me being into metal work, and I am venturing back into Ornamental Turning also wink just not enough hours in the day, shed space or cash flow.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tool Post
D B Keighley
Tormek
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact