By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Manual for Black and Decker BD339 Bandsaw

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Jon Weaver 128/01/2015 16:55:45
1 forum posts

Does anyone by chance have a Manual for a Black and Decker BD339 bandsaw?

I just bought a 2nd hand one and have completely stripped, serviced it and replaced the blade.

But when I put it back together the saw ran really slowly, and the speed change mechanism didn't work as it appeared the belt was stretched.

Luckily, before I ordered a new belt, I noticed that the main drive wheel had 2 groves and I had loaded the belt into the outer (Smaller) one.. WHen I put in the inner groove, the saw ran much faster AND the speed change works.

I assume this outer groove is to slow the saw down, perhaps for metal cutting?

I would just like to see a manual, just incase there is something else simple like this I have missed.

Can anyone help me? Or point me in the direction of someone who can?

Jon

Ron Davis30/01/2015 19:14:55
1613 forum posts
201 photos

It is a good idea to slow the blade down for metal cutting but I doubt you will cut any thing substantial on a B&D band saw, it will how ever be a boon if you want to cut acrylics or any sort of plastic, the sawdust wont melt and stick to the blade that way

Ron

Dino31/01/2015 09:35:40
5 forum posts
3 photos

Hi Jon,

I had a look on the internet and couldn't see one either just the schematic linked below which I am sure you found to.

**LINK**

Dino

David28/02/2015 08:03:59
1 forum posts

I have the manual in front of me now.i can print off a copy and send to you if you let me have your E- Mail address

David

Peter Burnett26/05/2015 18:00:41
2 forum posts

Hi David

I would be very grateful if you could let me have a copy of the manual. I have also just acquired a Black & Decker BD339. I would of course refund all costs.

Thank you.

Peter Burnett

Peter Burnett30/05/2015 15:14:10
2 forum posts

Hi Jon (Weaver)

I posted a reply to David, but I wonder if you received the Manual for the Black & Decker BD339. I have also acquired one without a manual. If you could kindly supply me with a copy of your copy I would be very grateful. I would, of course, willingly cover any costs.

Thank you

Peter Burnett

(New Member)

antonio de gregorio25/12/2019 17:35:57
3 forum posts

Hi,

apart from the manual that I don't have and that I would also like to have in PDF format, has anyone of you modified the saw in question by replacing the two blade guide groups with new groups with three bearings?
(sorry for my English)

Thank you

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Tormek
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Tool Post
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact