By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Copper inserted beech bowl

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Derek Lane12/10/2014 20:15:16
3204 forum posts
990 photos

Had a go at inserting a piece of copper into a beech bowl. I am pleased with the outcome

Bowl is 10" X 2 1/2"

dennis wake13/10/2014 17:08:08
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles

hi Derek

I like the out come of this bowl and you have got me thinking now. as I have got a half marathon meddle from the Falklands way back when I completed the run in 1987. I have been thinking of doing this as a bit of a keep sake but unsure what it would look like but now you have convinced me to go and do it so watch this space for the outcome.

dennis

sad sam13/10/2014 18:01:29
586 forum posts
226 photos

nice bowl derek looks very good and thankyou very much for the bandsaw boxes they are ideal and are added to the list for christmas

the bowl takes me back to a competition for novices in our club in 2010 the theme was a bowl which was to have

a mettalic element so with it being world cup year i entered a bowl with a polished 1966 penny in the bottom

i won but the judge an american pro turner and club member asked if there was any significance in the date

he reinforced my opinion of yanks

Derek Lane13/10/2014 18:38:13
3204 forum posts
990 photos

Thank you both.

Look forward to seeing your Dennis

The original idea was to have the disc plain and highly polished spent an hour polishing got it like a mirror went to glue it in had a piece of wood to put between the tail stock and the disc with a protective surface so that it held it flush while it set.

I then picked up the wrong piece of wood put it in place done the tailstock up to discover that the piece I had picked up had a little nipple in the middle.

Long story short put a dent right in the middle of the disk so went for the hammered effect. Glad I did as it looks better.

Glad the PDF's are OK will soon see some boxes from you, I plan to glue up some blocks tomorrow to make some more as I think all the ones I have made will have new homes

Edited By Derek Lane on 13/10/2014 18:38:44

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Chippendale
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Tormek
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact