By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Table Saw Blade

Stuck

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Delboy23/09/2014 18:09:26
36 forum posts

I have a Scheppach TS2500 table saw and while cutting some oak was generating more smoke than a log burner. Decided it was time to change the blade but having no joy undoing the blade retaining nut. The shaft is held with a steel rod to enable the nut to be removed/tightened but so far all I have managed is to bend the rod and even broken a piece off the end. Does anyone know if it is a left hand thread or convention anti-clockwise direction to remove. I can't remember from when I last did this and the manual doesn't mention it which leaves me thinking it is conventional. I have tried both ways but no joy. I have also tried a "whack" with a hammer but there is to much "spring" intge system for that to work. I would be grateful for any suggestions as until I can change the blade, I am stuck.

Many thanks

Edited By Delboy on 23/09/2014 18:13:10

Delboy23/09/2014 18:11:01
36 forum posts

Sorry about the garbled start, - many thanks should be at the end and ignore the word Do. Now edited.

Edited By Delboy on 23/09/2014 18:14:12

Big Al24/09/2014 05:37:03
1593 forum posts
73 photos

All of the table saws that I have had have a left hand thread. The reason for this is that the nut doesn't loosen whilst the saw is in use, and so you need to turn the nut in the same direction as the blade spins, anti clockwise.

Al

Delboy24/09/2014 09:18:46
36 forum posts

Thanks Al. At least I now know which way to try and turn it.

Del

Delboy24/09/2014 18:11:45
36 forum posts

Success. Many thanks.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Tormek
Chippendale
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact