By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Andrew

Here is a list of all the postings Andrew has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Great Job!
13/06/2011 11:56:48
A good job well executed. Where did you pick up the plane by the way?

I hope that wood shavings gives you pleasure.

Andrew.
Thread: commemorative piece work in progress
11/04/2011 19:01:16
Excellent workmanship. I liked it.
Thread: truck and excavator
01/04/2011 12:43:56
Its stunning. Out of this world for me!

Andrew.
Thread: clan crest beginning
26/03/2011 19:29:58
Its looking good. Will watch this space definitely.

Andrew.
Thread: Rocking horse
24/03/2011 19:44:34
It rocks!
Simply superb!

Andrew.
Thread: Dining chairs, first attempt, WIP photos
19/03/2011 20:45:41
Excellent work so far David. I cant believe its your first attempt.

Andrew.
Thread: Simon's Knife
19/03/2011 11:07:42
Very nicely done. Did you shape the metal all by yourself or bought the kit?
Andrew
Thread: Andrew's cradle
07/03/2011 18:45:09
HI Simon
I used the gel stain they sell in Rutlands. I used it on the other project (wardrobe) and it turned out very well. I was very pleased with the finish on the wardrobe. I am going the same route with this project, different colour though.
Andrew.
05/03/2011 19:26:16
a correction. the height is about 37".
Mailee, to start with, I am going to stain it with Gel stain, I am not sure yet what to finish it with, I may use Arm r seal or osmo polyx oil.
Andrew.
05/03/2011 10:13:14
Hi Derek, I started this end of December and I still have stuff to do in it. The height is about 32inch, width is 22 inch at top and 20" at base, length is about 32". Last night I fitted the pendulum mechanism and it swings smooth. Thanks for your comments.
Andrew
Thread: koi fish bowl and picture frame
04/03/2011 10:39:15
stunning work! well done
Thread: Inverness help
16/02/2011 00:46:15
Hi Sean
You sound quiet passionate about woodworking. So my sincere advice will be not to go very cheap with your tools. You will soon acquire skills which will surprise you and find your cheap tools not living up to it. I started of with ameture tools and machines and now I have replaced most of them with professional ones, trust me I have wasted some money in that process. I regret for that mistake. If you have a basic worktable, you have a head start. Invests in some good quality chisels/mallets and planes. Avoid the temptation to go cheap on marking and measuring tools. check rutlands.co.uk, some offers still going on there. Start of with some kind of project say a simple table and soon your list of things you need to buy will grow out of it.
I dont know if i can recomend an american website here, any way i will do it. check www.finewoodworking.com, for a meagure subscription, there is a lot of video tutorials on fundamental and advanced woodworking. You will enjoy that.

Andrew.

Edited By sparky on 16/02/2011 08:23:27

Thread: Router Table
11/02/2011 19:42:19
Brian
Fantastic router table. Congrats on the build.
Hope it give you excellent service.

Enjoy!
Andrew

Thread: Planer Thicknesser advice please
23/01/2011 13:38:08
Thanks guys for all you valuable input. I have made an order. Will keep it posted when its all set up.
Andrew.
Thread: Xcalibur Planer Thicknesser
20/01/2011 16:48:24
Has anyone used Xcalibur PT, their 10" model is the cheapest in the market @ £420. It pretty much looks like the others in that category.
Check it out at http://woodfordwm.co.uk/
Any advice will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Andrew.
Thread: Planer Thicknesser advice please
20/01/2011 08:35:08
Has anyone has charnwood PT?,
its about 750£ with free delivery from www.poolewood.co.uk. Its the machine Andy king has in his workshop setup videos.
Thanks
Andrew.
19/01/2011 18:12:39
I am unable to make up my mind between Axminster AW106PT2 planer thicknesser and Record power PT107.
Axminster has a cast iron fence and about 100 pounds cheaper. But I am inclined to think that Record power quality may be better. Any words of wisdom will be helpful. Many thanks in advance.
Andrew.
Thread: Some advice needed please...
23/12/2010 20:40:11
Thanks all for your input. The electrician came around today and replaced the type B MCB for a type C MCB. It works fine now. Lesson learnt. Observing the process, I realized I could have done it myself if known . Now that I know how to do it, I may try myself if I buy any big powered machines. 

Andrew. 
22/12/2010 16:47:29
The machine was there when he did the wiring. I tried to run the machine in his presence. He is going to order another trip switch and swap it.

Andrew. 
21/12/2010 22:16:26
I hired an electrician (british gas) to wire my 3hp , 16 Amp table saw.
On starting the saw, the MCB trips. I found out that its type B 20Amp MCB that has been installed and with a surge in the current when the motor kicks in, it trips.

Now the question is, what should I go for. Type C  20 Amp MCB or Type D.

Some of the members seem to have heavy machines, it will be nice to hear from them as to what I should be going  for.

It will be nice if I can get some answers before Thursday, as the electrician is coming again to sort this out. 

Thanks
Andrew. 

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Tool Post
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact