By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Andrew

Here is a list of all the postings Andrew has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: yew wood
07/02/2012 21:48:26
Oddjob, being in the medical profession, I can say that you can never get your skin tested for yew or anyother wood etc.. The best is to avoid those allergens. So, sadsam, stay away from yew and if that resolves the problem then you got your culprit.

Andrew.

Thread: Ash cabinet
14/12/2011 14:22:46
I am making a small shelf one similar to the top portion of the Al's cabinet.
Will post pics soon. Good job Al.

Andrew
Thread: New workbench
09/12/2011 17:57:01
Neat!

Andrew.
Thread: painters pyramids
05/12/2011 11:59:43
WWW.RUTLANDS.CO.UK. 10% off and free delivery , offer ends tonight.

Andrew
Thread: Andrew's Bench
02/12/2011 22:58:37
Derek, the bench is nearly done. With all the cold weather setting in, the oil is taking a bit of time to dry ( i think ). Will post the picture of the finished bench soon. By the way i dont have any space for another one. However, would love to build one!

Steve, dont mind sharing my plans at all. I need to go and find them first. Also, i modified my original plan as i went along, after all its my bench. Steve PM me your email, I will try and scan the plan to you id.

I planed some ash the other day and the bench was rock solid.

Can't wait to start my next project.

Andrew
Thread: Done! Finished! Hurrah! Yippee!
01/12/2011 16:48:15
Great looking workshop. I wish.....

Andrew
Thread: Keyed or Keyless chuch
24/11/2011 18:55:03
Yeah, I have driven the keyless chuck home and gonna hope that it will live up to its expectations. It looks like its a good quality and seem to have a good grip on the bits. If it falls apart I will change it to a keyed one.
Thanks for all your advice.

Andrew.
23/11/2011 17:45:10
I had an entry level drill press before which came with a keyless chuck. The drill bits kept falling off after one or two holes and I need to tighten them ever so often between drilling holes.
Now I have purchased a Jet floor standing machine which also comes with a keyless chuck. Should I bin the keyless chuck and buy a keyed chuck. Has any one has this machine and have a problem with drill bits falling off the chuck.

Thanks
Andrew

Edited By Andrew on 23/11/2011 17:46:06

Thread: Andrew's Bench
21/11/2011 21:50:48
Guys Thanks for the compliments.
Brian, I have installed a large "York quick release vice (from axminster)" as the front vice and my old small vice in the side. I did initially wanted to build an end vice, but I scraped the idea because of the lay out of my workshop ( single car garrage). The work is halted as I am in need of a dril press which is on its way. Hope fully it will be delivered tomorrow and I can complete my bench.

Andrew
Thread: Got There At Last
15/11/2011 13:32:42
This is top notch. Well done Derek!

Andrew.
Thread: Welcome to my Workshop!
15/11/2011 09:22:32
It looks like you have lot of space. Only if I had such space....
Thread: What or which mitre saw
04/11/2011 13:59:26
Hi John
Dont settle for cheap ones, if it is possible buy one that does all the trics , very soon you will need all that.

Andrew
Thread: Drill Press advice Please
25/10/2011 17:10:25
Thanks guys for the advice.

Andrew.
24/10/2011 21:58:41
I am intending to buy a floor standing drill press. My max budget would be £400.
I am inclined towards SIP 750 W model or the Jet ( under 400 £ ) model.

Any one has these machines? and any words of wisdom will be great.

Thanks in advance

Andrew.
Thread: New Technology.
23/10/2011 20:46:12
Its really sad we don't have this saw in the UK. This kind of futuristic and safe machines should be welcomed in the UK and Europe instead we make if hard for such companies to trade in Europe. what a shame...
Thread: Painted Horse
29/09/2011 21:50:10
Fantastic work Derek
Well done!

Thread: what wood is this?
15/09/2011 19:13:59
its maple (tiger maple) for its wavy appearance.

Andrew.
Thread: What You doin
19/08/2011 07:52:39
As I operate in a standard single car garage, space is a big issue for me. I have put all my machines on wheels and incorporated the router table into my table saw ( I used to have a separate router table). Reconfiguration has freed up a lot of space.

I never have any problem in operating the machines while they are on castors. Yes all these castors are lockable. Drew, I cannot take entire credit for the idea, as I saw a similar make in some website . However, this particular construction is entirely my idea. I think my design is better than what I saw in some other website, as the base is supported on 4 corners by a piece of MDF mounted on heavy duty hinges. When i want to turn around the machines, I simply swivel the 4 supports away and turn them around.

18/08/2011 21:41:18
Thanks for you interest. Yes it does rotate on a swivel. As the two machines weighs almost equally, turning them around is quiet easy. I used to have them one over the other and it was a pain. So I decided to make this stand.

18/08/2011 19:34:22
I have been busy with my career and also a 6 weeks old baby. At the moment don't seem to have time for any fine woodworking. Lots of project in mind though. My next project will be a work bench too, so Brian I will be keenly watching your progress and may be steel some ideas.
Any way I managed to knock a stand for my power tools. (see album).

Andrew.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Tool Post
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact