By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Andrew

Here is a list of all the postings Andrew has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Tables saw problem
16/04/2016 21:36:15

16/04/2016 19:14:22

Hi Derek

Thanks for your advice. Managed to speak to a local engineer who also suggested it could be the capacitor problem and gave me another contact to speak to who sells capacitors. In the mean time I opened the unit and removed the capacitors and reconnected it after blowing the dust away. Miraculously the motor fired up again. Not sure what really the problem was but it working alright now. I hope it will stick!!

16/04/2016 13:21:49

Table saw was running fine this morning. Stopped the saw for a while and restarted it. The blade moved few mm and it stopped. Since then i tried to restart it , nothing happens. Its dead.

Its a 3hp chineese make saw bought few years ago via ebay. There is no uk manufacturers here. Its make is DEFT.

Its the same saw as reviewed in the link.

Does anyone know what could be the problem.

Capacitors?

Magnetic starter switch?

Does anyone know of any motor repair guys in the North East.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Andrew.

Edited By Derek Lane on 16/04/2016 14:01:28

Thread: Charnwood W583 Planer Thicknesser Problem
09/03/2016 16:10:09

Thanks Rayan. I spoke to charnwood and got it sorted. They advised me to change both the capacitors which I did . Now it's all up and running. It costed me £36 for 2 capacitor including postage.

21/02/2016 17:53:16

Hi Julian.

I spoke to an authorized stockist for charnwood who also suggested that it could be the start up capacitor. Anyway I am going to speak to the technical team at charnwood on Monday and hear what they have to say. I hope it's the start up capacitor and not anything bigger than that at fault. Thanks for your input.

Andrew.

20/02/2016 19:01:14

Hello,

My planer Thicknesser wouldn't start this morning. It was working ok till last night. I changed the fuse , the motor tries to kick start but within a fraction of a second it blows the fuse. I changed the fuse thrice and each time it does the same.

Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Thank you

Andy

Thread: TV Cabinet
12/11/2015 11:05:17

The TV unit was built for a colleague of mine. He picked up those panels in a charity shop and wanted them as panels. They are not marquetry nor pyrography but some form of art work with dyes i think. I wish i had made those panels myself... but i didnt....

Thread: Jet drill press help!
17/11/2014 15:57:51

Thank you gentleman. Followed your advice and re established the connection. Get woodworking .com saves the day again!!!!

thank you one again!

17/11/2014 11:15:37

Dimage.jpg

16/11/2014 06:11:02

Hi Derek. That's what I thought. Removing the 4 screws doesn't seem to do anything. After removing all the 4 screws the box is as rigid as it was before unscrewing. I will get a closer shot later. The box also has a fuse. I even tried to remove that!

Andrew

15/11/2014 21:18:57

You can see that black box with 2 wires. Does anyone know how to open that box please?

Many thanks

Andrew.

15/11/2014 21:16:51

image.jpg

15/11/2014 21:04:38

A freak accident happened with the drill press. The spinning bit caught a piece of ply which caught the main cable and eventually the main cable snapped from it's housing. No injury happened!

Now I thought I can open the housing and make a fresh connection. A pic might help.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/jet-jdp-17f-floor-standing-pillar-drill

i am unable to open the box which houses the wires. There are 4 screws but removing them doesn't move anything.

Can anyone help please.

Thank you

Andrew.

Thread: Electrical wiring help
25/10/2014 10:17:10

Thanks Julian.

20/10/2014 18:35:27

Thanks Derek.

Today I replaced the 16 A plug of my table saw. When I removed the existing plug, I found that the blue wire of the motor is connected to the live and the brown to the neutral. This was originally installed by a certified electrician. the saw has been working fine so far. So I just copied the original connection.

Is this normal? or did the electrician make a mistake, or the whole thing doesn't matter?

Andrew.

19/10/2014 12:42:38

Thanks Al.

will the power drop in motor if I put a 10 m long cable?

19/10/2014 12:42:02

Thanks Al.

will I lose drop power in motor if I put a 10 m long cable?

18/10/2014 19:03:17

**LINK**

will this cable (240V) do the job for me?

Thanks

Andew

18/10/2014 18:53:08

Hello

I need to move my table saw to a different location in the garage. And I need to put an extension to my 16 A socket. What size cable should I use?

Any advice will help.

Thanks

Andrew.

Thread: andrews table
22/03/2012 18:25:58

Thanks guys for the complements.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Tool Post
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact