By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for John Baddeley

Here is a list of all the postings John Baddeley has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Bandsaw sparks!
01/12/2008 00:17:00

I wasn't very precise was I? Sorry.

I mean the wheel approx 20mm diam that supports the blade from behind, and in the top guide assembly.  the sparks come from exactly there.

It appears to turn quite easily - it doesn't keep spinning if you flick it, but there's no real resistance. it has a couple of 1mm deep scores in it (from the back of the blade).

Thanks for your ideas and suggestions .

John

30/11/2008 12:35:00
I know this can't be right, but I can't see what I've done wrong (Adjustment/setting up). It didn't use to happen.
It's a Basato 3, and there are marks on the circular disc that is the back bearing. When I saw I get some sparking from this area.
Any ideas, anyone?
John
Thread: Rexon Mitre saw?
04/12/2008 14:24:00

I'd just decidedto go for the REXON when I noticed that it comes with no support bars, or end stop, and that the base has no holes to accommodate ones you might buy or make yourself!! I would have thought these weere too useful to do without - tho' maybe others would disagree...

In the end, I've been getting on with the current job by hand, and managing ok, so I may put the purchase on hold.

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone, and I'm still interested in where the right price/performance point is.

John

04/12/2008 00:04:00

Richard, thanks for that. I'd guess you were unlucky with your Makita, but what do I know?

Very Interesting re Rexon: I can live with the 62mm depth limit, and the noise as I wouldn't be using it all day.

Thanks, John

03/12/2008 20:51:00

Yes, with £500 I probably would too!

Sigh.

John

03/12/2008 20:25:00

Thanks Dave, Have you used other ones - to compare?

John

03/12/2008 15:00:00
Screwfix are selling the
Rexon SM2150AE 216mm Sliding Compound Mitre Saw

for around £118  (down from 170).

I note  that it will cut 'only' 62mm deep, but can anyone advise of any disadvantages? Where would it's quality (ie accuracy) be? Not as good as DeWalt or Makita I suppose, but how about JET, Erbauer, , or metabo/electra-beckum?

others?:

JET JSMS-10L      90x305    £150

metabo/electra-beckum  KGS255 Plus     60x255    £189

Ryobi EMS2026SCC    90X305    £199

Any experience, anyone?

John

Thread: Bandsaw sparks!
03/12/2008 12:31:00

Thanks, Ron, that's very kind of you.

Shall we take this to email?

John

02/12/2008 00:19:00

Thanks All

For your information and help.

Simply Bearings will be hearing from me no doubt!

John

01/12/2008 00:17:00

I wasn't very precise was I? Sorry.

I mean the wheel approx 20mm diam that supports the blade from behind, and in the top guide assembly.  the sparks come from exactly there.

It appears to turn quite easily - it doesn't keep spinning if you flick it, but there's no real resistance. it has a couple of 1mm deep scores in it (from the back of the blade).

Thanks for your ideas and suggestions .

John

30/11/2008 12:35:00
I know this can't be right, but I can't see what I've done wrong (Adjustment/setting up). It didn't use to happen.
It's a Basato 3, and there are marks on the circular disc that is the back bearing. When I saw I get some sparking from this area.
Any ideas, anyone?
John
Thread: Bench Belt/Disc sanders
21/11/2008 13:31:00

Hi Tone

Thanks - not sure how soon I'll buy either.

> I'm still too busy at work for much woodworking when I get home...

I know the feeling 

John

21/11/2008 12:48:00

Hi Ben

Yes, sorry, I missed a letter out of the model no.

Tony is right - that's the one I was wondering about.

Where have you got to Tony? Have you bought, or been put off buying within your budget?

John

21/11/2008 12:04:00

Hi everyone, I've just joined the site, so please excuse any newbie gaffs!

Is this thread still 'alive' as I would like to pose exactly the question that Tony did...

I wasn't intending to spend more than 150ukp, but would going for the Axminster A2WEBD610 provide the sturdiness missing in the cheaper machines,  or are they ok really?

TIA, John

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Craft Supplies
Wood Workers Workshop
Marriott & Co
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Robert Sorby
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact