By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for TonTay

Here is a list of all the postings TonTay has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: turned pens
26/07/2013 21:42:25

Hi Dennis, I like the look of your pens, I started to make pens from day one but they have all been plain and simple apart for one I got from Axminster with a crystal on the clip the only problem is the weight it too heavy, I have managed to sell some and the rest have gone to friends and relatives Dont think I will ever get rich. I started with a kit that was on offer at Rutland's good value for the money.

Just keep turning Tontay

Thread: earing stand
13/05/2013 08:11:17

Hi Dennis, Your bowls look exellent as is usual the only trouble that I have is with your pages, I find that the strip of partners adverts runs straight down the center of your page and I are then unable to see all of your work. Ifind that it only happens on your pages, Have you any ideas that may cause this.

Keep turning, Tontay

18/04/2013 20:16:04

Well Denis once again you have amazed me, your work is alwaya of such an high standard and this one is a very beautiful piece. you give me something to strive for.

Tontay.

Thread: trincomalee
14/04/2013 19:48:43

Very good, I like the box, what is the wood Dennis?.

Tontay

Thread: Puzzle This
27/03/2013 21:13:59

Nice one Derek. The parrot that sits on my shoulder is not as quiet as this one. hope it sell well.

Tontay

Thread: Dust Control
25/03/2013 21:16:26

Hi, Has anyone got a Ryobi ETS1526AL table saw, if so have you tried to combat the dust problem especially from the blade guard. I have been thinking of trying to put an hose connector on the top of the plastic cover to see if it would help. If somebody has tried to do this would you please let me know how and is it successful.

Regards Tontay.

Thread: dust masks - whats the difference?
12/03/2013 22:33:54

Thanks Oddjob for the link, I followed it and found it to be interesting reading. I think that a great many people working in wood don't realise the danger caused by the dust indeed I was one until I read the pamphlet.

Regards Tontay

Thread: Dust Control
24/02/2013 20:09:26

Hi Derek, Thanks for the reply. I have wiil be placing an order for one tomorrow.

Regards Tontay.

22/02/2013 19:50:24

Hello everybody, I noticed that Brian Pugh in 2008 ask a question on dust control, I to have been trying to solve this problem and found a filter by Microclene (CL420) as this been used by anyone? if so does it work and are you satisfied with results.

Regards Tontay.

Thread: she said carriage clock so
17/12/2012 19:51:11

Thanks Dave,thebest laugh of the day but it does look good.

Tontay

Thread: Table saw blades
31/10/2012 20:31:41

Hi Thanks to daveO, Julian and Big Al, at least I now know what to go for. Tontay

30/10/2012 20:19:27

Hi, I have this Ryobi table saw which requires a new saw blade, the size is 254mm in dia. with abore of 30mm and I've on idea what or were to buy one from, so if anyone can give me any help I would be grateful.Tontay

Thread: Thank God for routers
24/09/2012 20:01:15

Thanks to Dennis and Derek, I will try and slide the dust covers back and clean the shafts well/

Tontay

23/09/2012 21:00:17

Hello Anybody, I'm aftyer a bit of advice or help, I have a Bosch POF 1400 ACE router which has had little use but I now fing it dificult to plunge and I think that some oil may be required but dont know how to remove the covers around the shafts which I think are called a dust boot.

Any help would welcomed. Tontay.

Thread: Finally a job in Oak!
24/05/2012 20:59:23

Hi, I think that the table looks terrific, having just started woodworking I long for the day when I will be able to produce work of your standard. I would also like to know what you used to seal and polish the table.

Regards Tontay

Thread: Dyeing veneer
01/05/2012 22:49:13

Hi Simon, thanks for the information. I'll gie it a try.

Thanks Tontay

01/05/2012 10:55:38

Hi, the project I want to do requires some veneer to be dyed black, never done before so any information on the subject would be greatfully appreciated.smiley

Tontay

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
Tool Post
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact