By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Mike Wall

Here is a list of all the postings Mike Wall has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: workshop hell
10/01/2010 15:37:55
Hi again chaps
                  and with this weather it is chaps  just a quick update on the old workshop  had to remove some of the bottom wall lining and some of the roof lining will have to go in the spring. On a better note the snow is melting still to cold in the workshop to do any fine work just managed to clean up my old 90j plane.    lets hope this year i might get to finish off some of my projects do envy you guys you all seem to get such a lot done.

any way all the best mike
03/01/2010 17:30:26
cheers guys
         yes derek saved some lost a lot sheet material mostly small     veneered mdf bits all my hardwood was at the other end of the workshop i was away when the deed was done found the mess just before christmas .and Richard will post pics when the plane is cleaned up
                                  mike
03/01/2010 16:43:35
Hi guys
              happy new year to all

I thought u might like to see what santa left! high winds heavy rain took its toll on the old workshop roof   i had to pull the workshop apart as water came down one wall what a mess . i thought i moved every think out the wet area but as you can see wrong! working on the clearup  let you know about the plane.

all the best for  2010  mike

Thread: back yet again
27/11/2009 19:38:52

cheers sparky

i wish i could have my cake and eat it

mike
Thread: Get Woodworking Live meet-up
27/11/2009 19:34:14
Hi all im on catch up at the moment been off the site some time i do hope to get to Alexandra palace on sat i could bring a miniature on the the day if it would be of intrest cheers mike
Thread: back yet again
27/11/2009 18:29:03
Hi guys
       yes im back again been working away from home for sometime now im hoping now to finish off that bon de jour miniature! and catch up with all you guys i see you have all been very busy would you adam &eve it been home just 3hrs the phones just gone 3 weeks work back out again .
   Will i never finish that damn miniature?
                   catch you all soon i hope aii the best Mike 
Thread: back in the workshop
21/09/2009 12:33:24
Hi folks
 back in my workshop its been a number of weeks about 12 had lots of little jobs come up outside of my workshop now i have a brake in the paying jobs i can get back to the models i like to make    first job! evacuation notice to non rent paying spiders had to get rid of 8 large spiders and webs one was from table saw to the roof do not like spiders the miniature i was last  working on  is a lso deep in cobwebs this tine i may get to finish this miniature at last !
   i have number of new miniatures i would like to start so i will stop the spider hunt and start WORK!
         have looked in from time to time but long hrs at work as taken away the time to chat to you guys  any way all the best mike 
Thread: Ralph's Limed Oak Lidded Goblet
18/08/2009 14:21:52
Hi Ralph
                   I have great admiration for woodturners like your yourself and the rest of the lads who turn such great shapes    never had the guts to try myself ! a lump of brass or perspex is my limit great work. Long may you keep turning
 mike
Thread: Entrapment set
04/08/2009 08:36:17
   hi Marc  yes im still in the film game but now C.G.I has taken a lot of model work  ive worked on H Potter and Nottingham the grandkids get a kick when they see grandad name on the credits .as with most films there is a confidentiality contract which lasts for a year from premier and yes all my work is at Shepperton stuidos .   
       its nice to be back in my own small workshop can work and think without ear defenders on
                                    mike

Thread: charlie and the chocolate factory set
03/08/2009 18:36:13
they are hard work Marc and the deadlines are very tight i think the set took about 5 months it is great work to do iam very lucky and i have not missed a deadline yet .    touch wood! (which i like to do a lot)    The shame is when it comes to credites modelmakers are allways at the bottom. such is life           
Thread: Entrapment set
03/08/2009 18:11:43
hi sparky  right on all counts at 1/0th scale they was over 40ft high and only 8mm out of true that was down to 20 plus good modelmakers sorry about the pics my computer is playing up a bit    got a mind of its own!          mike
Thread: Not so small
03/08/2009 10:53:37
Hi u guys      Thanks for all your input on the small bits  that i make.just for a laugh i have all so made some models a little bigger!  almost the same scale as my miniatures?

Thread: Oops!
30/07/2009 18:49:00
Hi Thomas  I.ve been on a film called Nottingham a medieval bash an smash no models all full size props can' t say a lot! signed a confidentiality agreement sorry no pics! it is going to be a block buster    by the way no one saw me make my c**kup but they did all hear me all the best mike
30/07/2009 09:26:08
Hi guys long time no talk !  ive been back at the film stuido working on props for the last 20 weeks 10and12hour days 6days aweek so silly me i thought i do a bit of work on my miniature in my lunch hour working on the drawer dovetails just needs a nats do dar of a cut! Oops! for the next 3 lines we all go to paint box and pick a nice rich blue! lucky i have cut a lot of stock so back to my workshop. peace an quite to start cutting miniature dovetails AGAIN          its nice to be back all the best mike

Thread: If this doesn't make your toes curl
14/04/2009 20:28:11

Now doin't do this at home!

Thread: Clock works
10/04/2009 15:34:47
Hi Nigel
                  Try Axminster tool center they do quarts clock movements for as little as £1.99  they are on line happy hunting
                                                         mike
Thread: New site moderator!
31/03/2009 20:27:54
All the best sparky  
           Ben must have chosen you for that face NO one will get past that !

again all the very best
                                                                   mike
Thread: quiz of the night
28/03/2009 09:44:23
              nice 1  Dennis i missed the quiz but i will be making one for my mother in law she has the same trouble as your mother.

cheers mate mike
Thread: car booty
16/03/2009 20:32:21
The very same day !
15/03/2009 21:19:18
Cheers Marc the spokeshave is very nice the blade needs a bit of work i think you could work within a 1" rad with it  the best for me is the glue pot  i can get rid of my old bean tin now
          all the best mike
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Robert Sorby
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Marriott & Co
Craft Supplies
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Tormek
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact