By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Danny

Here is a list of all the postings Danny has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: who is dany mod.
29/01/2013 13:01:24

Sorry for not responding to your messages but I no longer work for my hobby store. I stopped working for them in December. I'm not sure if anyone is currently moderating this website or not but I expect there will be an announcement on here soon from the management.

Danny

Thread: We wish you a Merry Christmas!
20/12/2012 12:47:01

We wish you a Merry Christmas!
We wish you a Merry Christmas!

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

From everyone on The Woodworker, Good Woodworking and Practical Woodworking

Thread: The Woodworker Index
19/11/2012 11:23:34

The 2012 index for The Woodworker magazine has just been uploaded.

As before, you can find the index here.

04/10/2012 11:20:52

We're pleased to announce a new online index for The Woodworker magazine.

You can find the new Woodworker Index here.

The indexes are broken into two parts for each year - Projects and Features / Products and Tests. Each part is organised alphabetically but you might find it quicker to navigate to each page then search by keyword by pressing Command F (Mac) / Control F (Windows) to bring up your web browser's search facility.

An index for 2012 will be available during November.

Enjoy...

Thread: ash natural edge bowl
28/09/2012 10:33:46

Hi Dennis,

I've modified your link above which was breaking the page. Please use the link button in future to avoid this problem.

Regards,

Danny

Thread: copying from one mag to another
24/09/2012 10:34:22

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd better put a post in here to clarify the situation with regards to the re-use of material in our woodworking magazines.

Both The Woodworker and Good Woodworking magazines publish articles each month that are original commissions and have not appeared in print elsewhere. Neither title publishes repeat material. Practical Woodworking is intentionally a different type of magazine. Since monthly publication of the title ceased in 2007, it was decided to republish material from all three of the company¹s titles in themed form on a
quarterly basis, in order to offer readers a handy reference library of articles on related subjects.

Kind regards,

Danny

Thread: Digital issues
24/09/2012 08:48:34

Hi Joseph,

Can you send me a message via the 'My Messages' link under the 'My Account' area at the top left of this page please.

If you could include details of your subscription (date of subscription, subscriptions number etc.) in a message and send to me (Danny Mod) I will investigate the problem for you.

Danny

Thread: New Guidelines
27/07/2012 17:41:34

This area of the forum is strictly for non-commercial adverts.

Please include the following with your advert:
1. Make, model and age of item.
2. Cosmetic and working condition.
3. Asking price.
4. Location.
5. For your own privacy & security please avoid posting your email address and phone number in the forum. Site members will be able to use the private messaging feature to contact you.

If your item sells please post 'SOLD' in the thread. The thread will then be deleted.

All threads older than 3 months will be deleted to keep content relatively new.

Thread: small chest of draws
14/06/2012 08:49:58

Hi Old Timer, unfortunately there are no plans available for the chest.

Thread: Digital issues
09/05/2012 08:40:26

Hi Brianhr,

This should be resolved now. Can you try again please?

04/05/2012 16:00:07

Hi Brianhr,

I've forwared your message to our technical department and will come back to you with their response soon.

If you want to contact me directly then click 'My Messages' from within the 'My Account' pod at the top left of any page. Then click 'Compose new message' and type my name into the 'To' box. You can then type your message and send directly to me.

04/05/2012 11:57:44

Hi Brianhr, I've just checked the latest issue and it's showing up fine. Are you still having difficulties? If so, please send me a message via the site mail and include your subscription number.

Thread: Placing text?
23/02/2012 10:07:29

Hi Mailee,

Can you try this?

When you've insterted your photo use your right cursor key to move the cursor from the left of your photo to the right. Once on the right you should be able to press enter/return to start a new line of text.

Let me know how you get on.

Thread: magazine
08/02/2012 15:07:04
Hi Allan,

You can call Back Issues on 0844 848 8822. Hopefully they'll have a copy with your name on it...
Thread: Return of 'Question Box' for The Woodworker
30/01/2012 17:32:18
Hi Tom, thanks for your suggestion. For the most part woodworking forums and websites have replaced the need for readers to write in with questions. I've sent your query to our editorial team for consideration but there has been a significant drop in traditional communication between readers and magazine staff over recent years. So much so that, regretfully, I doubt they would be able to justify the revival of the old 'Question Box'.

Edited By Danny Mod on 02/02/2012 10:50:17

Thread: Missing thread
13/01/2012 17:51:48
Hi Richard, sorry I've only just seen your post. Can you PM me in future?

Have you got a link to the thread in question?
Thread: Improved article section
07/12/2011 09:12:34
I'm pleased to announce that we now have a new 'Articles' page that replaces the old 'Tools & Workshop' and 'Projects & Techniques' pages. All articles can now be found under one of six headings on the new 'Articles' page.

Thanks to all of our members who have contributed feedback and suggestions.
Thread: Good Woodworking Digital Issues 194 & 188 Not Available
06/12/2011 12:15:43
Will do Nick.
05/12/2011 16:12:12
I've heard back from the elves. I've been advised that unfortunately there are no digital copies of these issues in existence so they won't be available for online viewing.
05/12/2011 12:55:11
Hi Nicholas,

We're looking into this for you.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Robert Sorby
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Marriott & Co
Craft Supplies
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Tormek
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact