By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for david wells

Here is a list of all the postings david wells has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Aldi sanding solution
15/04/2012 09:37:17

Thank you,i might go and pick a bottle of Aldi sanding solution up and then let you know,its only 2.99 for ltr bottle so worth a try.

Cheers for replys,

Dave.

Thread: Corian
15/04/2012 09:30:49

Thank you,did not know it was manufacture name,assumed it was inferior product by the price.

regards,

Dave

14/04/2012 20:20:09

Just found the how to turn pens by Dennis,"Brasso"????? does this really work without staining?.

Dave

Thread: Corian
14/04/2012 20:16:13

Hi,has anyone used corian acrylic blanks for pen turning?,seems very cheap compared to other acrylics on sale.and do you get a good finish with it?.

regards,

Dave.

14/04/2012 19:20:29

Thanks Sam,need all the help i can get,just setting up with Pen turning and trying to find alternative and cheaper methods for a good finish.

Dave

14/04/2012 18:33:25

Hi,as anyone tried the Aldi Sanding Solution for anything?,i picked a bottle up and read instructions and it seems to be very fine grit solution for preparing before painting or varnishing.just wondered if it would be any good for turning pen acrylics or anything.

regards

Dave.

Thread: Sanding solution
14/04/2012 18:29:45

Hi,as anyone tried the Aldi Sanding Solution for anything?,i picked a bottle up and read instructions and it seems to be very fine grit solution for preparing before painting or varnishing.just wondered if it would be any good for turning pen acrylics or anything.

regards

Dave.

Thread: Dust extractor bags
12/01/2012 18:22:28
Decided to try a wheelie bin liner inside the fabric chip bag and works really well no dust from bottom at all now,"Happy Days".

Dave
10/01/2012 20:46:39
Thanks Ron,having not used it yet i imagined some dust collecting in bag below and therefore escaping into surrounding air.

Dave
10/01/2012 14:16:56
Hi,just got myself a Beckum Elektra spa 1100 dust extractor for lathe work for £60 got to be a bargin,the collection bag is a bit ragged,do i need to buy specific type bags or does anyone use anything simular.
Thread: No gift ,no cigars,and no fat lady singing
20/11/2011 19:10:43
The Fat Ladys singing.
The FREE gift came yesterday and must say all the stops where pulled out on this one,bit annoyed that kitchen sink not attached but got one already so can manage without ,
Thanks again to Paul the Moderator for getting involved.
Thread: My bad......
15/11/2011 13:05:46
Alan T,
what do you mean by unlined?,can you get liners?,in the middle of making couple bits with Tea lights in and never crossed my mind

Dave.
Thread: No gift ,no cigars,and no fat lady singing
08/11/2011 19:56:17
Thanks to Paul the Moderator it sounds like the Fat Lady may get to sing after all.
I may have come across to you lads has though i was whining a bit but just felt had to hold on to the principals.
AGAIN,CHEERS PAUL

Dave
07/11/2011 20:39:46
TPS4194171A
TPS4210711A
TPS4144633A
Ok,after trying to get in touch to find out where my free gift is,all i have are these reference numbers to try to sort .Everytime i ask i get a new number...........i should find it funny but funnys been and gone and i am left with the thought ok you have my money and i am left with silence from the supplier.the excuse that subscription is delt with by an other company is just unacceptable.The advert appears in Good Woodworking tempting us with great offers and therefore the publisher advertising and sales team should have an obligation to make sure that sales and orders are fulfilled.
i hope Mark reads this has he stated that he had contacted Hobby store and order would be delt with.
I will give it until next issue and then just stop the order,
Thread: Subscription gift
25/10/2011 13:15:04
Hi,as enyone ever had trouble receiving their free subscription gift?.I am still waiting for my MIni electric jig saw from octobers offer.i sent hobby store a e-mail and they said i may have to wait 28 days which has been and gone.....sent another e mail but as yet no reply.

Dave
Thread: Has any one turned any wall art.
19/10/2011 17:35:26
Hey Les thats brilliant,given me some ideas,my good lady wanted something for the wall and cant wait to get some timber to try it.being new to turning did you turn as a disc then cut it to size?.
WELL DONE.

Dave

Thread: Bigger chips than Mcains
12/10/2011 08:35:18
Thanks for such a great response,
I just felt there was no need for such behaviour and had to get it off my chest.I am at worksop nottinghamshire and have found no turning club within a 20mile radius,can anyone help?.
cheers,
Dave

11/10/2011 19:56:58
Hi everyone,being new to turning i decided to get myself to a demonstration at Turners Retreat at Harworth on the 8th Oct featuring Gerry Marlow.I wish i had not bothered,i found the vast majority of people that attended very rude and bigger chips than Mcains.Every piece Gerry turned out was either met with sarcasum or plain ignorance and baraking.i made Gerry aware of my presence and new to turning and he went out of his way to explain questions asked,at the break when everyone was fighting for their fill i decided enough of this thanks and departed,i commented to staff that if this is what wood turning his for some individuals its the last demonstration i will be attending.i hope that some of the persons responsible are reading this and see the effect they are having on newcomers.
I would just like to thank Mick Hanbury whom taught me at Turners Retreat and started me off on the woodturning trail.

Dave

Edited By david wells on 11/10/2011 20:00:36

Thread: Dust Extractor
11/10/2011 13:21:53
Hi Paul.I use a old vax 1200 wet and dry and it works brilliant in my garage for cleaning up and lite dust with the help of a dusk mask fitted with a valve to stop misting up.As Simon said it depends what you want it for.

Dave
Thread: drill chuck problem "mk2 or mt2"
04/10/2011 13:20:06
Thanks for your help Bill,

Dave.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Robert Sorby
Marriott & Co
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Craft Supplies
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Chippendale
Tormek
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact