By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Joe O 3

Here is a list of all the postings Joe O 3 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: All that space
01/04/2009 23:34:06
Brian, Welcome to the forum.  Sparkys 2 posts said exactly what i was about to say. I admire your quality workmanship , design and remarkable attention to detail.ENJOY!
Cheers,
Joe.
Thread: Good Woodworking 213
01/04/2009 23:06:51
Marc, CONGRATULATIONS! I am looking fordward to reading issue 213 especially your articles (by and about you) . All the best!
Joe
Thread: OddJob's blanket box
01/04/2009 21:25:12
Richard! A lovely piece of work. WELL DONE!
Joe.
Thread: Miles a Head !
31/03/2009 14:16:56
Great job Marc !  For your next project what about a nice big display case to show off your handywork. Dusting less often and nothing hidden away. Happyness all round???
Joe. 
Thread: New site moderator!
30/03/2009 22:19:59
Congratulations Marc,
Hope  the flow of sawdust and shavings carries on though.
Joe.
Thread: DOVETAILS
30/03/2009 17:26:42
Hi Ben,
Lovely dovetailing!  As for the grain patern...one of the joys of working with REAL wood.
Cheers
Joe.
Thread: starting my worksop.
28/03/2009 14:40:04

Hi Thomas,

I would be inclined to agree with Baz, also make sure that it isn't going to block the neighbours view or sunlight. Is he objecting to it or just trying to be helpful?
A call to the council planning office on Monday morning would put your and his mind at ease. Good luck anyway.
Joe.
Thread: quiz of the night
27/03/2009 23:10:07
Thanks Denis,
Made one years ago when i used to nhelp out a semi- retired cabinet maker. 7 hooks per dresser in oak is hard on fingers. one day a visiting client saw it and wanted one for the same purpose you made it for.
Thanks, Joe.
27/03/2009 21:50:51
Denis,
Is it (a) for  screwing in hooks eg mug s or cups? or (b) fitting the screw top on a hot water bottle?
Joe.
Thread: PREP OF SOFTWOOD BEFORE STAINING
27/03/2009 21:26:49

Hi Smithy,

I would agree with Richard (Oddjob) regarding the helpfullness of members and Denis on spelling. I also agree with  Olly (OJP). Looked the product last night and would risk the following (unquallified) oppinions. For cladding i wouldn't bother sanding (too much trouble). You could put on  2 or even 3 coats (no sealer) on their own . on planed wood i would think 1 coat followed by their (the makers) or any good yaught varnish (exterior grade varnish).

Hope this helps.

Regards Joe.

Thread: Shapely Beauty!
27/03/2009 01:23:41
Hi Ben,
I totally agree with Richard ,Marc and Ralph.
I am impressed by the smooth curves.
The dovetails bring it all together (pardon the pun) rather than standing out, as they appeared to do in the original drawings.
Beautiful wood. DARK STAIN OR PAINT A NO NO!
Having said that, the customer is ALWAYS RIGHT...
Cheers
Joe.
Thread: Yew Egg Interior
17/03/2009 21:34:33
Alan,
I thought your turned fruit platter was spectacular, until i saw this!
And all in a 50 diameter egg. Mind blowing!
The carving is brill'' too
Yours in humble respect,
Joe
Thread: Fruit on mahogany Tazza
12/03/2009 00:36:49
Alan!
I  second every word Marc wrote
Absolutely brilliant.
Well done.
Joe
Thread: Wall clock
03/03/2009 15:26:35
Dominic,
I agree with Derek, a fine piece of work!
Thread: Your thoughts
26/02/2009 23:15:02
Derek,
Nice wheel, but when fitted the sensation of speed will be lost.
A so;lid wheel grooved like an old record (remember them) with thicker lines going out from the hub corresponding with where spokes would have been, would have given the impression of the speed that such a fine machine would be capable of.
Joe.
Thread: Ralph's halved his bowl!
24/02/2009 23:14:35
Well done Ralph!
I was tempted to say, a classic case of thinking outside the box.. But would probably cut up the box and turn it into something spectacular.
Joe.
Thread: Derek's table lamp....nice!
24/02/2009 23:03:31
Derek,
A beautyfull piece. Elegant and yet sturdy.
Joe.
Thread: worx power tools
19/02/2009 21:48:38
Ooooppssss!,
Ignore the last part of my last post.
Thanks for the clarification Ben
Joe.
19/02/2009 20:18:11
Hi Thomas,
Can't comment as i never used them. Never  saw them on a site or workshop. pros stick to the pig name brands as they need 110v (industry) and not 240v (domestic e.g me and you.  They are (as far as i know) the same company. company's change colours regularly,Black and Decker an example. Read the manual and carefully check the guarantee (what? & how long). Would say they are still D I Y.
Thread: News letters
18/02/2009 00:26:26
No disagreement from me either Marc,
But as Olly said, didn't we sign up for just that. I had thought i was the odd man out  as originally didn't tick the box but latter changed my mind.
Joe
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Marriott & Co
Robert Sorby
Transwave 2017
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Craft Supplies
Felder UK April 2016
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact