By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Joe O 3

Here is a list of all the postings Joe O 3 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Flattening sandpaper
09/12/2015 10:35:28

​

Hi Amos,

Cut of the length you want and coil it up tightly in the opposite direction . This will help to cancel out the bend. Then fix it in place. I usually use double sided tape. Hope this is of some use.

Joe.

Thread: wine glasses
12/06/2015 23:06:21

I am curious. When the stem is turned, what is the process of joining the glass to the new stem. How much of the old stem if any is used. "We're any glasses injured in the making of these pictures"

Joe.

Edited By Joe O 3 on 12/06/2015 23:07:38

Thread: Wonky bookcase
09/05/2015 15:12:26

​

A very nice piece of furniture Al.

​

​

Thread: Teds woodworking.com
27/01/2014 15:26:28

Read This article **LINK**

In case the link doesnt work it says that According to Jim Barry of Copyright Sharing Information, The company behind this racket as of 27 Feb 2011 have infringed the copyright of 237 companies, magazines and individuals.

Some of the stuff was also avaliable for free.

They trade under other names. The latest i hear is Max.

Joe.

Thread: Happy New Year
30/12/2013 23:32:07

The same to you Julian and everyone on this site.

Joe.

Thread: Measurements
24/12/2013 02:08:45

Welcome to the forum Mike.

You haven't filled your profile so i dont' know where you are from or anything about you. Filling it is not compulsary but helps when getting or fiving help or advice. As to your question. In the British Isles our tape measures and rulers have metrick mearurements on the top and imperial on the bottom, rulers have the same or one on front and other on rear. This means we do not need to convert . I think getting a new tape measure might be your best bet especially if you intend to follow British Isles/European plans. Best of both worlds . Hope this helps. Again welcome and i hope you stay around and show us some of your work here soon.

Joe.

Thread: We wish you all a Merry Christmas
21/12/2013 19:17:16

Merry Christmas one and all.

Joe.

Thread: Ash die back
08/10/2013 00:34:38

I have to report that the Department of Agriculture here in Ireland has confirmed the first case of the disease in a native Irish tree has been found

96 cases were found since last October.all in imported trees which have since been destroyed.

However a 97th case has been found in a hedgerow close to but outside the location of the first out break last year.

All Ash trees in a 250m radius of this outbreak are being cut down and burnt.

This is a worrying turn of events.

Joe.

Thread: Self-taught or Vocational Training
30/09/2013 14:58:13

Check if your educational authority runs beginers evening classes.

If that doesn't work it would seem that you will have to go down the self taught route.

There are lots of good working magazines around and lots of informative You Tube tutorials. The members on this forum will help you with woodwork problems.

Sorry i can't be of more help. Hopefully someone more knowlegeable will log in.

Again, i hope things work out for you.

30/09/2013 02:54:13

Welcome to this forum.

Make and post a project of your making and invite oppinion/critisisim and take it from there.

I wish you every success.

Joe.

Thread: Downloading Online Archive
30/09/2013 02:37:42

I doubt if you can download back issues. I would think that the powers that be/ oweners of the site would allow that. They would want you to (A) subscribe and or (b) buy the back issues. Maybe i am wrong.

Joe.

Thread: sash window construction guide
02/07/2013 00:01:16

Welcome Liam,

Try " slidingsash.blogspot.com" There was a series of articles on making and fitting sliding sash windows written by Andy Bell. He used to post on this site. There are also sectional trawings on the Mumford and Wood brochures. I have no conection with the company.

Joe.

Thread: craft fair turning itom
10/09/2012 23:13:07

What is there to say? Another quality piece from a quality craftsman.

Joe.

Thread: box
29/05/2012 14:34:23

Amazing!

Thread: Greetings
20/12/2011 01:06:46
Health, Happiness and Peace to all the wonderfull members of this forum/family and those behind the scenes who make it all possible.

Joe.
Thread: Faulty Link
23/10/2011 15:34:12
I noticed that too.

Joe.
Thread: Kauri Wood advice
19/10/2011 23:04:31
Denis and Kate,

I presume that when Marc changed his profile Sparky to A1 the guides were removed too.
A pity as they were informative. I hope someone in authority replaces or re-writes them.
Welcome Kate.
Joe.
Thread: "Spoon" Chair
04/10/2011 14:30:43
Woodbridge
I really like your chair. well designed, well made. I look forward to seeing more of your quality work.

Joe.
Thread: Signed up!
06/08/2011 03:19:00
Mailee!
A sign the size of a glazing panel of the side on the sliding door, (so it is not hiden when the door is open).
One at least on the back. Slightly bigger writing. It has to be readable at speed.
The quality of your work displayed on this site, tells me it is time to stop hiding your light under a bushell. Make them re -do to the job to correct spelling mistake.
Joe.

Edited By Joe O 3 on 06/08/2011 03:21:21

Thread: Shabby wardrobes!
06/08/2011 02:54:31
Mailee!.
Quality work as usual.

Joe.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
D B Keighley
Tormek
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact