By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for small shed

Here is a list of all the postings small shed has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: ash natural edge bowl
27/09/2012 21:09:59

Hi Dennis,

sorry for not replying earlier, thank's for the advice. What sort of grinding set up do you use for

your gouges, which tool would you use for the inside of a bowl.

thank's again.

small shed

20/09/2012 15:40:29

Hi Dennis,

brill work again i dont know how you do it, would you be able to help me i have just bought a small lathe, and just trial and error at the moment, i have just aquired a small block of MAOGANY, and trying to do a bowl, with little sucsess. i can not get the tools to cut very good. The block is about 5ins dia what speed do you think. also do i use just a 3/8 spindle gouge.

glad of any comments .

small shed

Thread: making a box
03/05/2012 09:30:02

Thank,s for the reply Simon, i have looked on Peter Dunsmore site ,he does not have anything on there for what i require.

I want to know how to veveer the front part of the box , the strips in between the draws and the draw fronts would i veneer a full panel and then cut the draw fronts out etc .I was going to put panels in for the draws to run on. I have not been woodworking long and little experience as you probable notice, mabe i am trying to soon a project like this.

small shed

02/05/2012 10:17:15

Could anybody give me advice, on making a jewelery box. I want one with draws in the front about 4 / 6 .

But i want to veneer the box, does anybody know of any web sites i could look on to show me how to veneer the front , where the draws would be .

hope this can be understood.

small shed

Thread: advice on dovetail jig
18/01/2012 07:38:42
Hi Derek,
Thank,s for the reply, they donot seem to be the same , but come across a couple of good points, i think i should have bought the trend one now. I think i will just after plod on .

Smallshed

17/01/2012 08:54:17
Hi to everyone,
Can anybody help. I have bought a axminster dovetail jig, i have worked out how to cut the half blind dovetails with the suplied template and cutter .
But i also bought the Fine dovetail set, and there are no instructions for setting the cutter depth or distance for router base, or indeed for anything.
Has anybody got info for me i would be gratefull.
Axminster say they cannot help they dont have any info on this just trial and error.
Thread: veneering
29/11/2011 14:50:59
thank's to all.
There is loads of info for me there. Thank's simon i have looked at the Peter Dunsmore article is is really good for me , i will try and follow his video i am going to do some on scrap wood first.
Thank's everyone.

smallshed
29/11/2011 10:06:12
Thank's for the reply,
If i made a box with dovetail joints, but wanted to put veneer on all side's , and show the joint's would i need to build after putting the veneer on. It will all be new to me you see,
but i want to try.

small shed
28/11/2011 15:35:54
Hi to everyone,

Would anybody be able to help. I am quite new to woodworking.
The help i need is . How do you put veneer on a box, all sides and top , do i build it first , or after it has been veneered.
I was thinking how to clamp it, after it was built.
any advice would be great.

small shed
Thread: Shabby wardrobes!
06/09/2011 09:08:20
Hi Mailee,
Thank's for the advice for MDF, When i do my next MDF project i will try your methods.
Would lap joints be srong enough with just glue on the bookcase, I am not yet good enough to do dovetails, even though they are attractive. Have you any photos of your work with bookcase.
By the way your work is BRILL.
Can anybody help, I can not leave a message on my computor at home but can on the one at work.
small shed

05/09/2011 10:48:30
Hi Mailee,
How do you get on with MDF when you router , do you get feathering if so how do you cope with it, i have just built a big cuboard out of MDF and on the doors i router'd a shape but i can not get rid of the feathering. I have got to prime it and paint it next.

I am going to build a small bookcase out of oak Can anybody advise me on the type of joints for the carcase, " I have not been woodworking long so short on expertise like some of you " eg. buiscuit or lap joint etc, etc,

I await your response

small shop

Thread: Finished at last
13/07/2011 16:08:41
Just to add what everybody else has said fantastic. I am new to woodworking and that is a WOW !
How on earth did you make it any photos in the stages.
What wood is it.

small shed
Thread: shop jigs
29/06/2011 07:17:07
Thank's Mailee for all the info, i think i understand now , going to give it a try.
Also thanks Ron.

Small shed

p.s. Had problem putting this post on page
27/06/2011 09:52:45
Thank's Mailee, for your photo's. But am i alittle thick,! but where is the locating peg on your jig. Does it run along the black chanell, as in photo because the board is camped to the table. Do you slide it from front to back. I did say i was new to woodworking. Even though i have a long engineering background

Thank's Small shed
24/06/2011 08:39:12
Hi BillW
thanks for the reply, i have watched the video. I will try and copy that one.
23/06/2011 16:47:10
I would like to make a box jointer, could anybody tell me what size peg to make for the next slot, if i use a 1/4 straight router bit.
I am new to woodworking, but loving it

small shed
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
D B Keighley
Tormek
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact