By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ged Meager

Here is a list of all the postings Ged Meager has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Why why why
09/06/2009 16:17:00
what is the third rule never heard of it GED
Thread: Hello ALL ! I'm Master-carver from Ukraine
18/05/2009 22:50:32
Hi Vladimir, fantastic stuff glad youv' found us  great bunch of people on this site they hav help me out alot look forward to seeing mor of your stuff  WOODTURNER GED
Thread: sawhorse
11/05/2009 15:33:11
I made a set of 4 stacking saw horses made from a sheet of construction plywood they all stack onto each other and have a shelf under the top for you tools etc The plans came from a woodsmith magazine very good and strong.
Thread: Rotten Apple - The Beauty Within
09/05/2009 16:19:54
Hi richard I did the same thing once with some cherry from a patients garden it was cut down and turned into a lovely goblet  unfortunately after my supper about 7pm it had split
completely in half  I didnt have a micro wave then.All done in about three hours.Whats this funny word patience mean.GED
Thread: COMPANY WARNING
09/05/2009 16:07:08
Hey Ron I thought the same thing it was a bit of a co-insidenceGed
Thread: Holm Oak.
09/05/2009 16:05:25
Hi Alan I thik I'm right in saying although Holm Oak I as hard as steel to work  I think its a softwood  because its ever green  no doubt some one will correct me if I'm wrong Ged
08/05/2009 14:16:18

Before Iwas frced into retirement a patient of miehad what was thoutthe second largest holm oak in the UK how they knew this is beyond me but it was huge I must admit The trajedy was heduring a gail one witer it moved dangerously and because it overhung the school playing field it had to be felled The bigge trajedy was that most of it was burnt because it was to big to be removed from the garden . the couple that owned it were pensioners and just could'nt afford the cost of it all T local timber yards were'nt interested so it went to waste WHAT A SHAME.GED

08/05/2009 14:07:30
well what do you know folks the part arrived today 8.5.09  I still would caution against using this company .As usual they took my money  on the 4th Feb and sent me a confirmation e mail. But never answered one of my numerous emails about the  no show of my spares not even a we aresorry for the delay.!!! companies like this I can well and tuly do without and in my humble opinion shouldnt be in business.GED
Thread: A barrowfull of fun
07/05/2009 10:30:04
When he's our age and playing with bits of wood I can hear the conversatiion coming from the shed " Hey grandad can you remember!!!!!. regaurdsGED psWHERE'S THE GO FASTER STRIPE. GED

Edited By Ged Meager on 07/05/2009 10:30:44

07/05/2009 10:25:40
Ron was it your own design or from a plan but looks great I have two grandsons!!well done grandad. Halfords for go faster stipes so my son tells me regaurds
GED
Thread: Ralphs Burr Elm Open Twist Goblet
06/05/2009 23:00:15
Great piece I could't tur someting like this even wheN I had two good hands Well done you
GED

Edited By Ged Meager on 06/05/2009 23:00:43

06/05/2009 22:44:28
tHANKS GUYS i HAVE ASKED THE COMPANY TO TRY AND TRACE THE PARCEL PRESUMABLY THEY RECORDED THE DELIVERY NO REPLY!!!!! i HAVE ASKED FOR MY MONEY TO BE REFUNDED NO REPLY.Sorry about the capitals folks with being disabled and only having half a brain. I don't know how to start claims procedures as it was ordered over the internet and I live in Spain any suggestions would be appreciated.GED
06/05/2009 14:13:08
On the 4.2.09 I orderered some spares for my dust extractor from a company called Power tool Spares.co.uk  I was given an order Ref No  I paid the required amount and was told the spares were being shipped by 1st class mail.  To date I have not received any spares nor had any of my numerous Emails answered  If any of my fellow woodies are considering using this company I would strongly cation you to think very carefullyTheir e.mail address is Jcarrandson.co.uk Yours I hope in time to stop others loosing their dosh
GED MEAGER

Edited By Ged Meager on 06/05/2009 14:15:47

Thread: DUST EXTRACTION
19/04/2009 22:50:38
mY DUST EXTRACTOR IS IN BITS AT THE PRESENT BECAuse I accidently sucked up a small 1'''' square block of wood with somes shavings this took off a piece of the fan which cased an almighty noise and vibrationsI am now awaiting the spares from mteboto fix it I am going to place some chicken wire over the end pipe to ensure no more blocks of wood are sucked up
GED
Thread: JOINT GENE
09/04/2009 23:09:48

i BOUGHT A JOINT GENE LAST WEEK AND HAVE USED IT TWICE ON A PROJECT i'M CURRENTLY WORKING ON iT DOES EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS ON THE BOXAND IF A PERSON LIKE ME WITH A THIRD OF MY BRAIN MISSING CAN USE IT THEN ANY ONE CAN
Thread: PINE CORNER UNIT PLANS
09/04/2009 22:58:17
hAS ANYBODY SEEN ANY PLANS FOR A OPEN FRONTED PINE CORNER UNIT WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED
GED
Thread: DOVETAILS
30/03/2009 15:18:53
wOW LOOK AT ALL THOSE DOVETAIL AND NOT A GAP TO BE SEEN. THE PIECELOOKS GOOD ONLY CRITISM IS MABE GRAIN PATTERN COULD HAVE BEEN LINED UP BETTER.
GED
PS
I cant even make hand cut dove tail s et alone do the great job you"ve done
Thread: SHARPENING
29/03/2009 11:03:04
Like many amature woodworkers I use a honing guide when sharpening my plane &chisels  I use the eclipse guide but instead of useing a ruler to measure the projection each time, I havemade myself a series of minature bench hooks for the different projections each one is marked in big black bold letters ie PLANE BLADE 25DEGREE  ETC OR CHISEL 30DEGREE it takes only seconds to place the blade in the jig slide it up to the stop and start sharpening. Job done the bevel angle is the same all the time it cannot chahange unless you use the rong jig! HOPE THIS HELPS
GED
Thread: stain recepe
29/03/2009 10:52:28
Hi cedric, thakyou for your reply I' after that Cuban mahogany colour. But unfortunately because I live in spain! I know poor sod! and they're not into wood getting stains is near impossible and although I can get stuff sent out from the UK anythingwith spirits is a big no no !! so I'm realy looking for a water stain made up from powders or the like
Thanks again
GED
27/03/2009 16:05:28
I want to stain some sepele to look like victorian mahogany doe anybody out there have a recepe I prefer water based stains
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact