By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ged Meager

Here is a list of all the postings Ged Meager has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Here'S a Good on e
02/11/2009 10:28:03
MY wife and I have realy enjoyed the series called Restoration Man wi Alan heard on SKY tv  and my wife wondered if they'd made a book of the series
Always willing to oblige and stay in the good books [no pun]  I'll look it up so I goes onto Amazon books types in restoration man by Alan heard   I get a list of books telling me how I can recover from my homosexuality   Now one of us is confused and it aint me!!!! GED
Thread: Nice box
02/11/2009 10:23:00
God  dont you just hate these smart arses who not only work with angles but make them look so good a FAB  piece I hope your headach from excessive concentration goes away soon.GED
Thread: WIDE TENNONS
02/11/2009 10:19:04
I am making a desk at the present which requires some very wide tennons 150mm  for strength I think I should make them a double tennon but cannot find any general rules on the subject  I' thinking of a rough rule of 3 ie 1st hird tennon second third gap last third tennon Any advive guys and gal much appreciated . GED
Thread: crib by Big AL
02/11/2009 10:14:49
Fabulous bit of work hope the new born infant don't grow out of it too quickly. GED
Thread: Insurance for workshops
27/10/2009 22:02:51
bECAUSE i LIVE IN SPAIN AND WE DONT HAVE THE SAME LEVEL OF TROUBLE AS THE UK MY WORKSHOP IS COVERED IN WITH MY HOUSE FOR 25 THOUSAND WHICH IS WHAT IT WOULD COST TO REPLACE EVERYTHING INCLUDING THE STRUCTURE
GED
Thread: and then there was three
27/10/2009 21:57:51
I think they're lovely and should sell well at xmas
GED
Thread: wood burning stoves.....
23/10/2009 22:14:03
Try diluted PVA
ged
Thread: elephant family
13/10/2009 22:44:13
Hi Tony I saw a picture of Leonardo Davinchy done like this some years ago it won a competiti on but I cant remember whenBut this picture is just great  well done woodturner ged

Edited By Ged Meager on 13/10/2009 22:45:05

Thread: ROUTED DADOS
13/10/2009 22:41:18
Thanks Roger I have a huge 3 horse power router from the states alway been perfect in the past  The othe one I use is a variable speed Draper so I'll keep trying
Thread: oak burr bowl
13/10/2009 22:35:27
Great bit of turning bet you sai Oh bother when you cought your knuckle on the edge woodturner ged
Thread: Using yew
13/10/2009 22:31:57
Absolutely no problem using Yew for peppermill its only the leaves and especially he berrys that are poisonous the woods a bit difficult to chew thought  post a pic whe you've dobne it  woodturner ged
Thread: ROUTED DADOS
13/10/2009 19:26:06
I have been routing a number of dados recently using a brand new 18mm straight cutter unfortunately the dados are ending up 20-21mm insatead of 18 the first time this happened I thought maybe it was the cutter but altogther I have 3 ,18mm cutters all gave me the same results my router is new and the guide fence is locked down solid any ideas much appreciated wodturner ged
Thread: ITS SUICIDE TONIGHT
10/10/2009 11:00:10
Thanks for all your confessions and suggestionS I went to the timber yard this AM and guess what no pine untill Tuesday as Monday is a fiesta [bank hol] in english So Tuesday  will buy a replcment end and machine the correct side this time. When I make a whopper like this it always gets blamed on my lack of concentration  as a result of my stroke well part of thats true anyway . Thanks again all, you've got no idea how great it is being able to talk to you guys  Woodworkers in Spain are as common as rocking horse droppings. GED

Edited By Ged Meager on 10/10/2009 11:01:37

09/10/2009 20:14:47
This week Ive been workng hard on a commisioned book case in solid pine I did offer the client 18 mm liped ply but no he wanted solid pine OK says I and told him the difference in price 86 quid ply  108 pine s Pine it is  I was thrilled everything was going well  I carefully drew everything out  ploughed my dados with an 18mm cutter the dado turned ou to be 20mm even with a new cutter of which I have 3  all performed equally as bad so I plained my shelves to 20mm they fitted perfectly nice and snug no gaps great eh now Iv'e finished all my cutting routing etc I thinks I'm going to sand this before I put it all together, so I plained scraped and sanded down to 320 grit the wood looked and felt like silk
So I'm ging to have a dry run befor gluid up  THAT'L  save me getting in a whole heap of mess like I usually do   Now I've got all 5 shelves slotted into their respective dados  and what happens I go to fit he opposite end only to find I' made two ends with dados on thesame side instead of facing each other
ANY BODY GOT A SHOT GUN i CAN BORROW FOR A SECOND AT LEAST IT WILL BE QUICK AND PAINLESSOr should I just give up GED
Thread: Worra Lorra Shavings!!
09/10/2009 19:58:16
gREAT IT MAKE MY WORKSHOP LOOK POSITIVELY TIDY
WOODTURNER GED
Thread: centre steady
06/10/2009 22:34:44
Thanks guys I will post an album as soon as I can save enough pennies to buy a camera will have to be after the election Mr Cameron want to stop my didsability  allowance. unfortunately stroke damage is permanent Mr Cameron.But I'm still trying making a bookcase at present should finish it next week bit of luck love to all you woodies keep up the good work its not just a hobby but thegreatest therapy thyere is in my opinion  GED
Thread: my daughters new bed
06/10/2009 22:26:44
Nice one Mandy whats next one the list GED
Thread: Hello everyone, I'm Lindsay!
16/09/2009 22:42:06
Looking forward to seeing the results of your learnings woodturnerged
Thread: centre steady
15/09/2009 22:46:14
Thanks for all your help and ideas guys but good old Axminster came to the rescue  with one that cost about 35 quid I think it was any way its fitted it works and all four legs ha ve been turn successfully GED
Thread: Hello everyone, I'm Lindsay!
15/09/2009 22:36:59
Hi Lindsey , there are loads of great dvds  out there        i have an extensive library of mainly woodturning ones which I watch over and over There are a couple of sites I could highly recommend 1. Stobart davies books and vids and taunton pressThere are two books that every woody should have on their shelves  and thats 1. Joyces cabinet making This tells you everything you ever need to know about woodworking and is mor commonly known as the woodworkers bibIe I dont know any serious woodworker who has'nt got one. The other book is [THE IMPRACTICLE CABINET MAKER BY JAMES KRENOV WHO DIED THIS WEEK] This is not a how to do book but a story of one of the worlds greatest cabinetmakers and his phylosophy of woodworking  If Ican help in any way just ask and if I dont know I'm sure I will know omeone who can If youve got Sky television look up discovery shed they have some great woodworking programes from time to time. GOOD WOODWORKING  GED

Edited By Ged Meager on 15/09/2009 22:40:57

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact