By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ged Meager

Here is a list of all the postings Ged Meager has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Yandles Show
08/09/2008 12:23:00

I used to be a member of yandles woodturning club as part payment for the use of their spare rooms for he meetinfgs Iv'e manned the carpark and stood for a few hours on the turners satnd so dont moan folks it's a free show  which gets better year on year manned by fellow cheerful woodies who for the mostpart are keen to impart their knowledge to us punters who are probably spending more ofour hard earned pocket money than we should desperately trying to avoid telling er in door just how much we've actually spent To all woodies who  read this go next year  and enjoy yourselves its a good day out for all AND IT'S FREE.

GED MEAGER

Thread: book title
02/09/2008 22:35:00

I'll re write that Ben Brain tired sorry It should have read Thanks Ben if you remember

please let me know if you see anything

yours GED

02/09/2008 22:33:00

Thank Ben I you remember let me know if you see anything

your Ged

02/09/2008 14:09:00

Am I right in thinking that the lat John BRown wrote a book on welsh stick chair making  and if so is that the title as doe anybody have any idea where I can get a copy and how much it should cost yours in hope

GED

Thread: oak jewlery chest.jpg
30/08/2008 22:17:00
Fantastic bit of work but how long did it take
Thread: Bookcase 2.jpg
30/08/2008 22:12:00

Hi Al love the book case please tell me more about it what timbe did you use and did you steam bend the sidesI appologise if I' being too nosey but I realy love it

yours Ged

Thread: SNIPE
26/08/2008 08:33:00

I have an Axminster 10in planer thicknesser, which I have to say I have never been happy with since the day I bought it as the jointer fence is Ali and cupped along its length The in-feed roller is serrated on the thickness er and will quite ofter mark stock badly I would have returned the machine but postage and packing from Spain is a bit Thank you all for you helpful tips and ideas unfortunately I also bought a pair of magnetic setting gauges which I thought were bldy useless Thanks again all

GED MEAGER

24/08/2008 17:59:00

every time I use the jointer part of my planer thicknesser I get some bad snipe at the end of the cut what can I do to avoid this

HELP. GED MEAGER

Thread: making a bowl question
22/08/2008 14:27:00

hI lEE i HAVE BEEN TURNING FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS NOW and still find myself going back to my instructional videos For you problem I would recommend two vid ODD JOB has already told you the first by Kieth Rowley I my mind the best ever Vid for novice turners

|The other one is a course in bowel turning by Ray Jones.He covers all aspects of mountingblanks making screw chuck etc He's as mad as a hatter but a scouser very entertaining helpful and one of the best turners around hope this helps

GED MEAGER

Thread: disabled woodworkers
22/08/2008 14:02:00

Thankyou for your otes I will do my best although am a complete novice when it comes to computers very hit and miss ouch my bloody thumb. How do  I upload pics I do have a digital camra and know that first I have to take the pics Then what.

GED

21/08/2008 22:56:00

I'm a partially disabled woodworker having suffered a major stroke at the tender age of 51. Think warmer climes wood help my recovery furthe I moved to spain in05 I would love to communicate with any fellow disabled woodies asI'm all alone in Spain Aahhh poor ged its only 35in the shade and no rain for last 6 months Is there anybody out there I love all types of woodworking and turning. So come on guys and gals I'd love a chat

GED MEAGER

Thread: Clifton or Lie-Neilsen
19/08/2008 22:44:00

Always buy the best you can afford while cheap planes can be fettled leigh or clifton are dam near perfect out of the box I love both but dont like clifton sslt cap iron prefer asingle solid one but hey thats just me.

ged

Thread: A loss for Welsh chairmaking
19/08/2008 22:34:00
Big condolences to all his family like gavin I was thrilled to think he was comin back but sadlyno, I never met the man but lovd his articles any chane of the anarchist woodwokers being reprinted never did get the last part on makin a bench in pine Please be like the BBC AND ITV lits have a few repeats
Thread: Good Woodworking issue 203
17/08/2008 22:55:00

I was greatly saddned to see the passing of John Brown I loved reading his articles they always made me smile Please repeat them. Althjough I never met the man and if I had I probably would have his boot imprint on my arse as I come from the Norm school of woodworking which JBhated I did learn quite a bit from him though and would love the see any article he wrote on welsh stick chair making as I would love to have a go

RIP JB from a loyal fan

Thread: dovetails
29/06/2008 10:51:00

thanks guys for you help I will let yuou know how i gget on

ged

28/06/2008 15:57:00

My name is Ged and I'm trying to teach myself to cut dovetails my problem is all the books,mags and dvd's etc. Say start with a half pin the size of which you will learn from experience,but Where do you get the bloody experience.Is there a standard measurement

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Transwave 2017
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact