By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Dauid Kent

Here is a list of all the postings Dauid Kent has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: help
04/10/2008 11:29:00

hi i bought a pt260 from record power for 15 months it wouldnt work properly it kept chewing up wood i was taking boards with me to show them at shows they said the blades were setwrong so time after time i have been setting up the blades made no difference  so in the end my wife got on the phone they agreed to take it back knowing to be hold it WAS FAULTY !! the out rollers were jammed case 2 they told me the rsde1 would work with a dust extraction system but doesnt CASE 3 rp400 chuck metal flying of the jaws i sent it back and they said it was wear and tear !!!  CASE 4 zam bag for the rsde1 was ripped they wanted that back for inspection seems to me andy record power only want to sell but not repair

dave

03/10/2008 19:53:00
hi andy  iue got a spare one which i bought for my trend table its cmt  iue not had chance to try it yet . maybe we should ring record and complain about the extension its no good me ring them we are not the best of freinds after all the problems let me know if you ring them   ok   andy
Thread: Thicknesser snipe
02/10/2008 19:01:00
hi roger i had the same thing the answer is the out feed roller mine was jammed on the out feed  hope it helps only it took record 15 month before they took it back for repair
Thread: help
01/10/2008 19:40:00

hi i have record router table and for the 1st time i have come to use it i inserted the 1/2inch collet extension and a trend panel cutter i also have a trend t11 on the table is i turned the router up to full speed the whole collet and the panel cutter flew out but very luckuly missed me then i checked everything and then tryed it on a low speed and seemed to be ok i then turned it up to full speed and then really started to wobble so i turned it off and took it all down again then i put a 1/4 shank cutter in put it on number 3 reves seemed to be ok what is up with it with the 1/2 inch extension in it. 

dave

Thread: Dust Extraction
29/09/2008 18:30:00
hi iue got the same problem dont no much about extract i am trying to find one that will suck 30ft away from my planer dont know which one to buy the fox 2hp or the axminster at 1100hp or the dx4000 record twin motor?
Thread: router table featherboard
26/09/2008 11:24:00
hi Nigel  very nice thanks for you help
25/09/2008 20:56:00
hi has anybody made a featherboard for their routertable if so send me a picture or any ideas on how to make thanks dave
Thread: trend
24/09/2008 16:22:00
hi derek iue got the dc 4oo iue had it 2years but not had the time so now its time to get working
23/09/2008 19:08:00
hi iue just got a new trend douetail centre has anyone got one and tried it out is it hard to use
Thread: cherry
21/09/2008 18:55:00
hi opj where do you get your cherry boards from daue kent
Thread: dust extraction system
19/09/2008 19:03:00
hi  baz been in touch with record power again now there telling me that the rsde1 is no good the managing director is phoning me monday after talking to 4 people of record only one person told me the right thing so now im going to have to pay £400 for the dust extractor kit so it will work thanks
Thread: Axminster ADE2200 Extractor or record power dx4000
18/09/2008 22:29:00
hi can anyone tell me which is best the Axminster ADE2200 Extractor or the record power dx4000 and does anyone own a dx4000 thanks
Thread: I need wood!!!
18/09/2008 22:16:00
have you trie ockenden timbers in shropshire really cheep prices get yourself down there hahahah
Thread: 100 mm dust extraction hose
18/09/2008 22:09:00
hi does anyone know where to buy 100mm superflex from for a dust extractor at a reasonable price thanks
Thread: Planer/thicknesser comparison
18/09/2008 09:43:00
stay clear of record pwer it took 15 months for mine to get repaired the sellin sevice is  great but the aftersales is crap  thanksssss
Thread: dust extraction system
18/09/2008 09:39:00

hi everyone i have just setup a dust extraction system ysing 100ml soil pipe with 3 blast gates to planer/thicknessar,routertable and bandsaw there seems to be a lack of suction from the recordpower rsde1 dust extractor as the extractor is 23 foot away from the planer been in touch with record power and they said its powerfull enough but its like bingo balls rolling around going nowhere i asked record power if i ashould purchase a record dx4000 twich the suction because it has got 2 moters seems to me i have been give bad advise because i was going to buy the dx4000 first but instead i bought the record router table i wish i had gone with my instincts and bought the dx4000 and now im stuck with a useless piece of equpment which im not geting the full benifit what would you do ????

Thread: RAGE 185mm Multipurpose Circular Saw
18/09/2008 09:30:00
thanks everyone for your help
17/09/2008 19:37:00

This unit is ideal for the serious user and capable of running as part of a dust extraction system. This powerful high filtration extractor has twin motors, a generous 80ltr capacity and is designed to filter down below 0.5 microns giving excellent protection. With an impressive suction capacity of 106 litres per second and the 100mm inlet and hose it will make a perfect partner for many machines, and is versatile in use. With the RSDE-A accessory kit, can be used with hand held power tools. rnSPECIFICATION: rnFiltration: 0.5 micron rnAir Flow: 106 litres per second rnCapacity: 80 litres rnMotor: 2 x 1kw rnWeight: 20kg rnDimensions: 630mm (height) x 660mm (width) x 490mm (depth) r

so would this be any good becaues recordpower still say that rsde1 is for extraction kit no way its got no balls

17/09/2008 19:06:00
hi john mine doesnt have the bars it goes straight into the drum but i still got the problem the rsde1 will not work on an extraction kit helppppppppp   daud
17/09/2008 10:26:00
hi opj been in touch with record power and they said it would be compatible with the rsde1 but i have had my doubts since day 1 i was going to buy the record power dx4000 twin motor. i have got record pt260 planer/thicknssar im running it on 4inch soil pipe with individyual blast gates for each machine but will still not suck the planer shavings i took it all to pieces yesterday and found all theshavings stuck in the pipe the cx2600 is a single motor same as the rsde1 il wait to hear from youthanks dave 
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
Tool Post
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact