By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Chris Casey

Here is a list of all the postings Chris Casey has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Metalclad planer
30/03/2011 19:25:20
Hi all, finally got back on t'net after many probs with computer,. I have a bench planer,12" blade, 5' approx table, made by METALCLAD, neath. anybody heard of them, are they still going. overhauled it myself couple of years ago, runs well.
considering selling it, but not if its only worth a few quid.
any info gratefully recieved.
Thread: Forstner bits
17/02/2011 18:08:16
Thanks Alan, all information gratefully recieved, will have a look at 'em. Chris.
16/02/2011 17:35:51
Thanks Alex, will check them out as well. had a look round t'net last night, looks like i will have to part with some decent sums of cash, but it will be worth it. would be cheaper to get them in America, as usual! could ask HRH if he could get me some next time he pops over there.
15/02/2011 17:45:14
Thankyou for the advice, brilliant, its the only way to find out things, and thats from people who have used them. will be on the net for the next few hours looking arond.
HAPPY SAWDUST MAKING!! Thanks again.
14/02/2011 21:22:35
Can anybody tell me which are the best make of Forstner bits on the market? i want to buy them one by one, as i've had enough of the cheapies (5 for a tenner). i only use them for my workshop at home so they don't need to be diamond tipped, lol,. but decent HSS bits would be ideal. Thanks in advance for your experienced knowledge.
Thread: Router lathe.
13/01/2011 19:45:46
Hi Ian, thankyou for that tip, will have a look asap.
Chris
12/01/2011 19:11:42
Hi all, i'm new here. i'm looking for plans for a router lathe without having to spend too much on the plans. i've got a Trend router lathe which i bought a few years ago, although i haven't used it much it has got to be the worst engineered machine i've ever laid eyes on. its been like it since new, i'm a fitter by trade so i'm certain i can make one a lot better, just need a few sketches. can anyone help??
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
Tool Post
Tormek
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact